About BIT MCA 2014: Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra conducts an entrance exam called BIT MCA for admission to MCA courses at its various centers. Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra is a deemed university and was founded in 1955.BIT Mesra is accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) & the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Exam Name: BIT MCA Entrance
Commonly known as: BIT MCA
Exam type: National
Exam category: PG
- BIT Mesra
- BIT Lalpur
- BIT Noida
- BIT Kolkata
- BIT Jaipur
- BIT Allahabad
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average of all subjects in Class 10.
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average of all subjects in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination. The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities
incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have one of the following qualifications – Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) or B.Sc in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics or B.Sc with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at Graduate Level.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU; (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 50% marks in average (45% for SC/ST). They must enclose Photocopies of pass certificate and mark sheets of qualifying examination with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply]
- For further information on the eligibility criteria for BIT MCA, refer to the official notification here.
- To apply for the MCA programme, eligible candidates must complete and submit the online application form on our website and: Send a printout of the completed form along with
- two recent color photographs (one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to the form)
- photocopies of all mark sheets and certificates (see List of Enclosures)
- requisite crossed demand draft in favor of ‘Birla Institute of Technology’, payable at Ranchi. [Example: In case, candidate applying for only one Campus should send a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 1,200/- General (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST) Non-refundable].
- Send in a A4 size envelope by Speed post / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admission & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date. Write “Application for MCA 2014 on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not beprocessed.
- For any further information on BIT MCA Eligibility Criteria, refer to the full document here.
Number of Questions
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- The BIT MCA Online test comprises 120 questions to be answered in 2 hours.
- For every correct answer +4 will be awarded to a candidate. A wrong answer carries a penalty of 1 mark.
- If a question has not been attempted, no credit will be given.
- For any further information on the test pattern, read the official pdf.
BIT MCA Important Dates and Guidelines:
- Last date for filling online form – April 25, 2014
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms - April 30, 2014