- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
CTET 2014: Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET 2014) is conducted by Central Board for Secondary Education. In order to be eligible to teach classes I-VIII candidates are required to take up CTET entrance test.
The next CTET will take place on Sunday, February 16, 2014.
CTET 2014 applies to the following schools:
- Central Government schools (KVS,NVS, Tibetan schools etc.), schools under administrative control of UT of Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, and NCT of Delhi.
- Unaided private schools who consider CTET 2014
- Schools owned and managed by State government or local bodies if the State decides not to conduct State TET.
Exam Name: Central Teacher Eligibility Test
Commonly known as: CTET
Exam type: National
Conducting authority: Central Board for Secondary Education
- For becoming teacher of Classes I-V (Primary Classes), candidates must have passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 2-year diploma in Elementary Education
- For becoming teacher of Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage) candidates must be a graduate and passed or appearing in 2-year diploma in Elementary Education.
Students can now register online. Last date to register online is October 31, 2013.
Steps for filling up CTET 2014 Application Form:
- Candidates can apply online for CTET 2014 through CBSE official website.
- You are required to fill in the details online. After submitting the online application, a confirmation page will be generated with registration number.
- Take 2 print outs of this confirmation page. You must keep a copy of this confirmation page for future correspondence.
- Paste your recent passport size photograph in the space provided on the page.
- For the payment of fees, you can pay through challan by depositing the fees in CBSE account with Sydicate Bank or e-Post Office in favour of ‘Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.’ You also have the option to pay online through Debit/Credit Card.
- The documents (confirmation page with pasted photograph and CBSE copy of challan) are to be sent through Registered/Speed Post to the CBSE Office:
The Assistant Secretary (CTET),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS 1-2, Institutional Area,
I P Extension, Patparganj,
New Delhi-110 092
Admit card will be available for download from January 9, 2014. It will be available online only and will not be sent by post.
- CTET 2014 will be objective type paper having multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- There shall be no negative marking.
- There will be 2 papers:
- For those who wish to teach classes I-V have to appear for CTET 2014 Paper I.
- For those who wish to teach classes VI-VIII have to appear for CTET 2014 Paper I
Candidates who intend to teach classes I-VIII have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
CTET 2014 Important Dates
Online submission of application forms
October 11, 2013- October 31, 2013
Last date for Receipt of Confirmation Page at CBSE Office
November 7, 2013
Check application status and cadidate's particulars
|December 18, 2013|
'Applications not received' cases (Contact CBSE)
December 20, 2013- January 3, 2014
Online corrections in candidate's particulars
December 20, 2013- January 3, 2014
Admit card download
January 9, 2014
CTET 2014 Examination
February 16, 2014
Paper II- 9.30 am- 12 noon
Paper I- 2 pm to 4.30 pm
Declaration of result
March 21, 2014
Dispatch of CTET Marks Statement/ Certificates
April 21, 2014
For updates and information regardingCTET 2014 important dates, application procedure, keep visiting this page.