- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
Law Common Entrance Test (LAWCET) is conducted by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati under the aegis of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad.
Law Common Entrance Test (LAWCET) is for admission into three year and five year LL.B/B.L. courses offered by state universities in Andhra Pradesh.
Exam Name: Law Common Entrance Test (LAWCET)
Commonly known as: LAWCET
Exam type: National
Exam category: UG
Conducting authority: Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Participating Institutions: All state universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges
Eligibility Criteria for LAWCET 2014:
For 3 year LL.B / B.L. course: The candidates must be a graduate (10+2+3 pattern) from a recognized university. The candidates must have obtained 45% aggregate marks in the examination or any other recognized as equivalent by the universities concerned.
For 5 year LL.B./B.L. course: The candidates must have passed 10+2 level of study with 45% aggregate marks in the examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
For more details on their eligibility, please refer to the official website .
LAWCET 2014 Application Form/Procedure:
- LAWCET application forms can be obtained in person from all head post offices, university offices and from designated bank branches for LAWCET 2014 for Rs 250/- in cash and can be obtained from university colleges of law through DD drawn in favor of “Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad” from any nationalized bank
- Candidates also have the option to download the LAWCET 2014 application forms and send the filled in application forms along with the DD in person or through post to:
1st floor, Old MBA Building,
S.V. University, Tirupati-517502, A.P.
- Online applications can also be made through debit card/credit card payment or AP Online/e-seva/Mee seva.
LAWCET 2014 Entrance Exam Pattern
- The duration of test is 90 minutes and the total number of questions will be 120.
- The questions will be objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will no negative marking for wrong answers.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- The LAWCET 2014 paper will be set in both English and Telugu.
General Knowledge & Mental Aptitude
Knowledge of basic principles of law and constitution of India
LAWCET 2014 Important dates (tentative)
Date of Commencement of submission of online application Forms
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications
April 26, 2014
Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.200/-
April 27, 2014- May 5, 2014
Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.500/-
May 6, 2014- May 12, 2014
Expected Date of LAWCET 3 & 5 Years Examination
June 6, 2014
Address: The Convener,1st floor,
Old MBA Building, S.V. University,
Phone: 0877-2289372, 2248111