JAM 2014 - The Joint Admission Test for M. Sc. 2014 or the IIT JAM is a national level exam conducted by IIT Kharagpur as a qualifying exam for admissions to M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D , M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor's Degree programmes at the IITs and to the Integrated Ph.D. programmes at IISc.
Exam name: Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.
Commonly known as: IIT JAM
Exam type: National
Exam category: PG Exam
Conducting Institute: IIT Kharagpur
IIT JAM 2014 Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a graduate in the required discipline and must have passed the degree in or before the month of September 2014.
- For admission to IISc Bangalore the candidate must possess an aggregate of first class marks if he/she belongs to General/OBC category or an aggregate of 50% marks if he/she belongs to SC/ST/PH category. Whereas for admission in any of the it’s the candidate must possess 55% marks in aggregate if he/she belongs to General/OBC category or 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH category.
IIT JAM 2014 Selection criteria:
- A merit list will be formulated by the organizing institute and all the candidates who have qualified JAM 2014 for admission to various courses will be notified.
- After the result is declared the qualified candidates will be required to fill an admission form which will be available for download from the website of the organizing institute. The candidate has to fill the form with his/her preference for the course and the institute and send it to the organizing institute along with a demand draft as required by the rules.
- The organizing institute will prepare a merit list and based on that and the candidate’s preference it will send out the admission letters.
IIT JAM 2014 exam pattern:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
BL – Biological Science
CA – Computer applications
CY – Chemistry
GP – Geophysics
MS – Mathematical Statistics
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
BT – Biotechnology
GG – Geology
MA – Mathematics
PH - Physics
IIT JAM 2014 application form/procedure:
- Only the candidates who qualify in JAM 2014 (whose names appear in the merit list) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding academic programmes available at IISc, Bangalore & IITs
- For admission to Integrated Ph.D. programmes at IISc, Bangalore & M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree programme at IIT Bombay & M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree Programme in Physics at IIT Kanpur, the JAM 2014 qualified candidates are required to refer to the IISc, Bangalore & IITB and IITK admissions website for details including the dates for interview.
- Candidates are advised, in their own interest, to refer to the brief profiles of the admitting institutes and departments at their respective websites. Applicants should note that they have to apply for admission by sending an Application Form for Admission (henceforth called Admission Form) only to the Organising Institute of that year.
- An applicant can apply to one or more academic programmes corresponding to the test paper(s) in which he/she has qualified, subject to fulfillment of the minimum educational qualifications and the eligibility requirements of the Admitting Institute(s).
- After JAM 2014 results are announced, a qualified candidate will have to apply online on the prescribed Admission Form to the Organising Institute only, irrespective of IISc, Bangalore & IITs where he/ she desires to seek admission. The application form will be available from the website of the Organising Institute for that year.
- Irrespective of whether a candidate has qualified in one or two test papers, he/she needs to submit only one duly completed Admission Form listing all the programmes at IISc ,Bangalore & IITs (along with the order of preferences) to which the admission is sought.
- Candidates who have chosen to apply for Integrated Ph.D. programmes at IISc, Bangalore & selected M.Sc. - Ph.D. Dual Degree programme at IIT Bombay, M.Sc. - Ph.D. Dual Degree programme in Physics at IIT Kanpur will additionally follow procedure given on admission website of these institutes and complete the required procedure.
IIT JAM 2014 application fee and mode of payment.
- The printout of duly completed Admission Form along with the required enclosures must be sent by the applicant to the Organising Chairman of JAM 2014, , along with a Demand Draft of an amount as required by notification as a non-refundable processing fee. The Admission Form will not be considered if it is found incomplete in any respect or if it is not accompanied by a Demand Draft and the candidate will not be considered for admission irrespective of his/her eligibility for any programme(s) for which Admission Form has been submitted. Also, a candidate will be considered for admission only to the programme(s), given in his/her Admission Form. The last date for receiving the completed Admission Form along with Demand Draft at the Organising Institute will tentatively be in last week of April, 2014..
IIT JAM 2014 Important dates
- Date of Admission Test - February 9, 2014
- Announcement of Results - April 16, 2014
- Last date for receiving complete application forms with demand draft – April 30, 2014
- Release of first admission list under JAM 2013 – Last week of May, 2014 (Tentative)
- Release of admission letters by admitting institute – First week of June, 2014 (Tentative)
- Last date for conveying the acceptance of the offer by the candidates to the Organising Chairman, JAM 2014, IIT Delhi – Third week of June, 2014 (Tentative)
- Release of second admission list under JAM 2014 – Last week of June, 2014 (Tentative)
Contact details of Chairmen, JAM 2014
022) 25767022 / 25722674
(011) 26591749 / 26581579
(0361) 2582751 / 2582755
(0512) 2597412 / 2590932
(03222) 282091 / 278243
(044) 22578200 / 22578204
(01332) 284531 / 285707