About CBEE 2014 –Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination is a common entrance test which is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University on behalf of the participating Universities for taking admission into M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Agri.)/M.V.SC (Biotechnology) and M. Tech (Biotechnology) programs.
Exam Name – Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination.
Commonly known as – CBEE
Exam type – National
Exam Category – PG
Participating Institutes – 34 Universities across India.
Eligibility Criteria for CBEE 2014
- For M. Sc in Bio Technology: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks.
- For M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology/M.V.Sc: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university.
- For M. Tech in Bio Technology programs at (1) Anna University, Chennai (2) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala and (3) West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata, the eligibility criteria is minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in any one: B. Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Chemistry/ Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Technology, B. Pharmacy, OR M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics.
- § For further information on eligibility criteria for various institutes, refer to the official advertisement here.
Reservation/Concession for CBEE 2014
- 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates respectively. SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University.
- Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri Migrant candidate in the entrance examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
Application procedure for CBEE 2014
- Online application :
- Candidates can apply online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to the official website.
- The user friendly sites will guide the candidate through the whole process of registration in a step by step fashion.
- Offline application :
- Set of application form and prospectus can be obtained through post by sending crossed Bank Draft for notified amount in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi” along with a self addressed (unstamped) envelope of the minimum size of 30 cms x 25 cms.
- Clearly indicating the program of study for which the Application Form is required on the self addressed envelope to the “Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067”.
- § Please do not send your request for set of application form and prospectus through courier. Please note that there shall be no cash counters for sale of set of application forms and prospectus.
Paper pattern for CBEE 2014
- The JNU CBEE entrance exam paper is consisting of two parts for different programs.
- The pattern of the question paper and the number of questions will vary for each course.
- The paper for JNU CBEE exam consists of objective type questions from the relevant subjects.
- There will be negative marking, for each wrong answer ½ (half) mark will be deducted. The test duration is 3 hours.
Important dates and information for CBEE 2014 (tentative)
Start of online application process
1st week of February 2014
Closing of online application process
3rd week of March 2014
Start of issue of offline application forms (by post)
1st week of February 2014
Last date of issue of offline application forms (by post)
2nd week of March 2014
Last date of submission of offline forms/printed online forms to reach JNU, New Delhi
Last week of March 2014