NCERT invites Scholarship Applications for National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2013
NTSE 2013-14 which is conducted by NCERT is used to identify bright young minds of the country and nurture them for overall progress of the nation. Scholarships under the present scheme are awarded to the candidates for pursuing courses in sciences and social sciences up to doctoral level and in professional courses like medicine and engineering up to second-degree level subject to the fulfillment of the conditions provided in this brochure.
Eligibility for NTSE 2013: All students of Standard 10th studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for Stage 1 of NTSE 2013 conducted by States/UTs, in which the schools are located.
NTSE 2013 Selection Process: There is a two step selection process for award of scholarships. For Stage-I, selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination. Students who qualify Stage-I are eligible to appear for Stage-II, conducted by NCERT.
NTSE 2013 Examination Pattern:
- Stage I examination at the State/UT level comprises two parts namely (a) Mental Ability test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT), which also includes Language Comprehensive Test.
- Stage II examination at the national level comprises (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), which also includes Language Comprehensive Test.
How to apply for NTSE 2013: Application forms can be downloaded from the official website .The complete filled in application form should be signed by the Principal of the School and should be sent to the address specified by the Liaison officer of your state.
NTSE 2013 Important Dates (tentative) and Guidelines:
Stage I (state level) :
- Last date for submission of application forms – 31st August 2013.
- Examination in Meghalaya, Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar islands and Nagaland -16th November 2013.
- Examination in all other states and UTs – 17th November 2013
- For any further information on NTSE 2013, refer to the official website here.