WHAT IS AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURING AND MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING ?
- For UG: Students planning to take up a career in aviation engineering need to have passed 10+2 examination from a recognised board with Physics & Mathematics as major subjects.
- For PG: Students planning to pursue Masters in Aircraft Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineering must have cleared their bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with first class or its equivalent.
SCOPE OF AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURING AND MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING
According to the latest data released by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), the growth in the aviation sector is evident from the fact that during the January to July 2016 period, 560.87 lakh passengers were ferried by the domestic airlines as against 455.95 lakh during the corresponding period of previous year. This shows a surge of approximately 23.01 %. Reports in the media claim that by 2020, the demand for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers will increase to more than 20,000 each in USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, East European countries, South East Asian countries. The magnitude of these numbers clearly shows that the demand for the aviation engineers is bound to grow. They would play a vital role in the maintenance and repair of the aircraft. With the technological advancements taking place rapidly, the aviation engineers would also be responsible for automation, mechanics, aerodynamics, materials and service. Also, the growth in the aviation is sector is evident in wake of the government’s open sky policy. The coming days will see a surge in the demand of aircraft and maintenance engineers owing to the large network of airlines, which operate domestically and internationally.
- Advanced Optimization techniques
- Aircraft Composite Materials
- Aircraft General Engineering and Maintenance practices
- Aircraft Navigation System
- Airframe Maintenance and Repair
- Airlines operation
- Aviation Safety Management
- Civil Airworthiness Regulations
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Helicopter Maintenance