WHAT IS CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Building and Construction Engineering/ Civil Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- Construction technologists hold supervisory or administrative positions ranging from supervisor of a construction site to city engineer, public works director, and city manager
- Graduates and post-graduates work as structural engineers who design and assess major projects, such as construction of buildings, bridges, or dams, to ensure their strength and durability
- As transportation engineers, they plan, design, operate and maintain everyday systems, such as streets and highways
- Building and construction engineers are often hired as Division Head, Project Manager,Supervisory Engineer, Consultants, Director of Public Works, and Quality Analysts
- Building construction & design
- Construction inspection
- Construction planning and control
- Design of structures
- Heavy equipment operations
- Metals fabrication
- Project management & planning