WHAT IS DISASTER MANAGEMENT ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in any subject from a recognised board to do any UG course.
For PG: Master's programme needs a Bachelor's degree in any discipline preferably with 50% marks. Working professionals are eligible for short and long-term courses.
SCOPE OF DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- Various opportunities are available for postgraduates in the field of teaching, research, consultancy, and scientific documentation.
- One can also serve as a social worker, medical health expert, environmental expert, and rehabilitation worker in NGOs and government firms.
- NGOs and International organisations such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), United Nations Organizations (UNO), Red Cross, UNESCO offer various opportunities for professionally trained disaster management professionals.
- Business continuity management
- Disaster Management
- Disaster preparedness
- Disaster Response and disaster management
- Introduction to Development
- Introduction to natural and man-made disasters
- Management of urban disasters
- Organisational Structure for Disaster Management
- Rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery
- Research methods
- Risk Assessment and vulnerability analysis
- Role of Union/States Role of Armed Forces/Other Agencies in Disasters
Adventist Development and Relief Agency ...
Coastal Area Disaster Mitigation Efforts...
Delhi Disaster Management Authority
Federal Emergency Management Agency
National Disaster Management Organizatio...
State Institute of Disaster Management
The International Committee of the Red C...
The International Federation of Red Cros...