WHAT IS ELECTRONICS AND POWER ENGINEERING ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG program held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF ELECTRONICS AND POWER ENGINEERING
- Graduates/postgraduates in power electronics are actively hired in entertainment sector, consumer electronics industry and also in manufacturing units of signalling equipment and radar control equipment.
- Government sector provides numerous job openings for M.E in Power Electronics and drives professionals.
- They are also mostly engaged in hardware manufacturing firms and also in power companies abroad.
- Following are the job types that are available for graduates/post-graduates in Power Engineering:
- Alternate renewable energy systems
- Digital Design
- Electrical machines and power system protection
- Electrical power systems and industry practices
- Electromagnetic theory
- Electronic Devices and Nanotechnology
- Electronic Engineering material and IC fabrication
- Microprocessor Architecture
- Optical Transmission and Networks