Exam: Joint CSIR-UGC for JRF (NET) eligibility for Lecturership June 2013
Conducted by: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
For: Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and appointment of Lecturers
- BS-4 years program/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/MSc or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree, whether Science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
Eligibility for lectureship: as per UGC guidelines. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2013 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
- For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
26 test centres:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
- General Rs. 400
- Other Backward Classes(OBC) Rs. 200
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) Rs. 100
How to apply:
In Person: Obtain the Information Bulletin and Application forms (inclusive of fee payable) through select branches of the Bank as mentioned in the notification
By Post: Obtain the information Bulletin and Application form through Value Payable Post(V.P.P.) from the Indian Bank, 3/1, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi - 110 008, by sending a crossed Demand draft for the application fee in favour of “Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
In addition, the candidate should send a request to the Bank with TWO self-addressed slips clearly mentioning the address at which he/she desires the Information Bulletin & Application Form to be sent by Value Payable Post (V.P.P.)
The candidate should mention the name, Date Of Birth, address, date of Examination (23.06.2013) and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft. Pls check for the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.
Click here to apply online
Candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Take a print out after successfully submitting the application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste a recent black & white photograph, put a signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send it alongwith CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to
Sr.Controller of Examination,
Human Resource Development Group,
Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue,
Pusa, New Delhi-110012
Date of Single MCQ Examination: 23.06.2013
Schedule for sale of Information Bulletin through Bank:
- Start of sale of Information Bulletin: 05.02.2013
- Date of close of sale of Information Bulletin by post only: 25.02.2013
- Date of close of sale of Information Bulletin by cash at all branches/ stations: 01.03.2013
Schedule for On-Line Application:
- Start of On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan: 05.02.2013
- Date of close of On-Line deposit of fee (at All stations): 01.03.2013
- Date of close of On-Line submission of Applications (at All stations) 02.03.2013
Other Important Dates:
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms (hard copy of on line application): 07.03.2013
- Last date of receipt of (both kind) Completed application forms (from remote areas): 13.03.2013
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 12.04.2013
- Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: 13.05.2013
- Last date for entertainment of any representation about non-registration for this test: 20.05.2013
- Start of dispatch of Admission Certificate to eligible candidates: last week of May, 2013
Note: For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application deadline is March 13, 2013.
Click here to view notification and details
Sr. Controller of Examinations
Human Resource Development Group
Library Avenue, Pusa
New Delhi-110 012.