A number of B-Schools and trusts offer support through merit-cum-need scholarships, bursaries, topper discounts and complete fee waivers. Read on.
AICAR Business School
The Institute offers scholarships on the following basis:
- Marks at graduation: a) Students securing 95% and above get 100% tuition fee waiver. b) Students securing 85%-94% get 20% fee waiver and c) 5% fee waiver to those who secure between 75%-84%. Amounts to Rs. 400,000, Rs. 80,000 and Rs. 20,000 respectively.
- Gender: 5 % fee waiver is also offered to female student candidates
Must-read: Fund your MBA (Fee waivers, bursaries)
Amity Business School
- 100% Scholarship: Students securing 93% aggregate and above (excluding Physical Education, Fine Arts & Performing Arts) in CBSE/ I CSE Board of Class 12 and 80% in graduation are eligible for this scholarship.
- 50% Scholarship: Students securing 88% aggregate and above in CBSE/ ICSE Board of Class 12 and 75% in graduation.
- 20% Scholarship: Students securing at least 85%ile in CAT and over 700 marks in MAT are eligible for this scholarship.
Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- Sanwa Bank Foundation Scholarship: Awards 10 scholarships, five each to the students of the first year and second year MBA (full-time). Scholarship amount is the equivalent of US $ 500, in Rupees.
- Nestle India Scholarship: Two scholarships for students of first year and second year MBA (full-time) of the value of Rs. 100,000/- and Rs. 75000/- per annum
- GE Scholarship: A scholarship of Rs. 100,000/- per annum is offered to the students of MBA (full-time). This is based on the results in their first year.
Fortune Institute of International Business, New Delhi
FIIB has a programme for rewarding outstanding MBA students with an excellent academic record and demonstrating aptitude for a career in business management with scholarships of up to Rs. 100,000 each.
A need-based scholarship scheme to help economically weak PGP & PGP-ABM students. The scholarship amount is decided on the basis of annual gross family income and other criteria. In addition to need-based scholarship, IIMA has also other income-linked fee waiver scheme.
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of both the first and second years. The students who are granted the scholarship during the first year are eligible to apply for renewal of the scholarship in the second year provided they belong to the top 25% of the batch in the first year. The scholarship amount is Rs.1.75 lakhs per student.
- Uday Nayak Scholarship: This merit-cum-means scholarship of Rs.. 10,000 is instituted in the memory of Uday Nayak, a PGP student, and is given to a second-year student.
- T Thomas Scholarship: This merit-cum-means scholarship of Rs. 1 lakh is given by Hindustan Unilever Ltd to one PGP second-year student. The selection is based on criteria like leadership, academic performance and business thinking.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship of Rs.1.25 lakhs is given by the OP Jindal Group to one student of each academic year.
- Rajesh Kaushik Memorial Scholarship: This is a merit-cum-means scholarship of Rs. 1.5 lakhs given annually.
- Ocwen Financial Solutions Private Limited: Ocwen Scholarship for Competence in Academics and Research (OSCAR) is awarded to one student. The amount is Rs.1.80 lakhs. The award is based on the research papers that are submitted by the students.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions - B’izard Scholar: The B’izard Scholarship is awarded to students of exceptional academic and leadership achievements and scholarly promise who are committed to serving their communities and for whom further study in Management would be particularly appropriate. The scholarship amount is Rs. 3 lakhs for the winner, Rs. 2 lakhs for first runner-up and Rs. 1 lakh for second runner-up.
A number of scholarships sponsored by different companies like Aditya Birla Group, Ratan Tata Trust, HUL are available to deserving students on the basis of merit and various criteria. NTPC sponsors merit scholarships for SC/ ST/ PWD students.
Merit scholarships are awarded by the Institute to first and second year students on the basis of their performance during one academic year, as determined by their CGPA. Scholarships/ awards are also offered by benefactors like Sir Ratan Tata Trust, HCIL, O.P Jindal Group.
Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad
- Bharti Scholarship Scheme to PGDBM-I year students for pursuing higher education to support one bright student of the institute to the extent of Rs. 50,000/- per annum on merit-cum-means basis.
- A merit scholarship of Rs. 10,000/- given to a student who has scored the highest and second highest CGPA at the end of the year during first and second years of PGDBM/ MHRM&CG/ MIB/ PGDCA/ PGDEM
Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- Merit-based scholarships from Sir Ratan Tata Trust offers about five scholarships every year to second-year students.. The scholarship covers a part of the fees during the second year, subject to a ceiling of Rs 50,000/. The number and amount are approved by the trust on a year-to-year basis.
- Scholarships for SC/ ST candidates: More than 15 scholarships covering the entire costs of education of SC/ S T candidates are made available by Government of India. Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has allocated ten scholarships (www.socialjustice.nic.in). The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has allocated five scholarships (www.tribal.nic.in). The National Dairy Development Board also offers some scholarships to SC/ ST candidates.
Instiute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai
- Merit-cum-means assistance: Offered to a few deserving candidates. The assistance ranges from Rs. 100,000 to full waiver of tuition fees.
- The Institute is also nominated by Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) to receive T Thomas Scholarship award of Rs 100,000 to the best outgoing student of PGDM.
Each year ISB awards approximately 100 scholarships ranging between Rs. 3,00,000 to 10,00,000.
The ISB also partners with several corporates to provide scholarships during the course of the academic year. Citibank, HSBC and Novartis Group offer scholarships up to Rs. 600,000.
Below is a summary of the School, Company and external scholarships that are available to students.
- Citigroup offers 4-6 merit based scholarships worth USD 12,500.
- Novartis offers 3 scholarships of Rs. 400,000 on merit and need basis.
- Nurture India offers a need based scholarship of Rs. 400,000.
- Manhattan Review scholarships of Rs. 100,000 to 5 students.
- Jamboree India-Talent Promotion Award offers Rs. 100,000 upto 5 students on need and merit basis.
Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
Scholarships are awarded to meritorious students based on their performance in CAT/ MAT/ XAT and in the selection process of the institute, comprising group discussions and personal interview for the first year. In the second year the scholarships would be available to the first three rank holders only.
- Merit Scholarships to five students of Rs. 10,000 each at the end of second year. In addition to this, Bharti Foundation Scholarship is also awarded on the basis of merit. Students are also eligible to apply for O.P. Jindal Scholarship.
- International Scholarships: France: Eiffel Scholarships are available for students going for dual degree programme. In addition the students get scholarships/ funding support from Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, European Business School, Oestrich-Winkel, and Bergische Universitat Wuppertal, Wuppertal, Germany.
National Institute of Engineering, Mumbai
- Need-based concession in the tuition fee to the extent of 30% for those students whose family income is less than Rs. 1,50,000 (for PGDIM/ PGDISEM/ PGDITM students)
- SC/ ST students are granted financial assistance as per the scheme of Govt. of India (applicable to all eligible PG students).
Need-based scholarship are offered to the students of Social Entrepreneurship Programmes. Need-based scholarships are offered by Shroff Family Charitable Trust.
SRM School of Management
- SRM Founder’s Scholarships: It is the most prestigious scholarship with full fee waiver of tuition, hostel, mess, plus stipend of Rs 1,000/- month. It is offered to top state rankers in school final, SRMEE and exemplary sports persons at national and international level
- Merit Scholarship: For students who have secured above 90% in CBSE or above 95 % in State Board exams and also ranked amongst the top 8000 in the SRM entrance exam, scholarships up to 50% of tuition fee waiver will be given in the branch they are eligible for, at the time of counselling. Quantum and number vary from time to time.
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship: Full scholarships, 25% to 100% tuition fee waivers, are offered to students with financial difficulties, based on their performance in the qualifying examination.
- Scholarship for minority community: Full scholarships, 25% to 100% tuition fee waivers, are offered to students of minority communities based on the performance of students in the qualifying examination.
- Scholarship for physically-challenged/ differently-abled: Scholarship with full tuition fee waiver is offered to select students who are physically-challenged/ differently-abled.
- Scholarship for Special Merits: Scholarships with tuition fee waivers up to 100%, are offered to select students possessing exemplary skills in literary debating, fine arts and others.
SSN School of Management & Computer Applications, Kalavakkam
Every year, 80 merit scholarships, based on the academic and extra curricular performance of the students during the preceding year are awarded. In addition, 40 merit-cum-means scholarships are awarded to students who have an urge for pursuing education but who belong to the economically weaker sections of the society.
T.A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal
Besides the Institute offering scholarships to three meritorious students each in the first & second year, there are Industry sponsored scholarships too. From the year 2011, candidates joining PGDM after securing 99th percentile or above in CAT 2010 would be eligible for special scholarships.
Tata Institute of Sccial Sciences, Mumbai
- Ambuja Cement Foundation Scholarships:Two scholarships of a value not exceeding Rs.15,000 each, on a merit-cum-need basis.
- Vaishno Mal Malhotra Endowment - K.K. Malhotra Scholarship: Two scholarships of Rs.12,000 each for one first-year and one second-year student on a need-cum-merit basis.
Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Welingkar rewards the topper in selection process with a a 100% tuition waiver.
- The second ranker receives a free laptop. The third ranker have foreign internship sponsored.