Ph.D admissions at University of Mysore
About: Applications have been invited from Indian Nationals seeking Provisional Registration for pursuing research work leading to Ph.D degree of the University of Mysore in various disciplines.
Institute: University of Mysore
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST/ Cat-1 candidates) or equivalent grade under grading system, in their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from the recognised Universities/ Institutions.
- Candidates who are in the final semester and are taking the final examination are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates should furnish successful course completion details at the time of interview(if called for), failing which their applications will be treated as rejected.
Candidates who have qualified:
- for UGC/CSIR JRF fellowships and or Lecturership through UGC/CSIR NET Examinations,
- in GRE/GATE/SLET and further
- Foreign Nationals with Indian/Foreign Degrees, are exempted from the entrance test.
How to apply:
- The prescribed Application Form can be obtained in person from the office of the Directorate of Research, Pareeksha Bhavan, University of Mysore, Mysore-5
- Click here to download application form
The candidates should remit an application fee of Rs 1000/-(Rs.500/- for SC/ ST/ Cat-I candidates) to the State Bank of Mysore, University Campus Branch, Mysore-5, through Bank Challan(Fees and Remuneration account of the Univesity of Mysore) or Demand Draft in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore-5, payable at Mysore.
Filled in Applications along with necessary certificates and Bank Challan/ DD and other documents should reach the Director, Office of the Directorate of Research, University of Mysore, Pareeksha Bhavan (Behind Crawford Hall), Mysore -5
- Application deadline: August 1, 2011
- Entrance Test is scheduled to be held on August 21,2011 from 10AM to 1PM.