Examination: Common Admission Test (CAT) 2012
- Post Graduate Programme in Management in: IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Bangalore, Indore, Kashipur, Kozikode, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, RGIIM Shillong, Tiruchirapalli, Udaipur
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) from IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore, Kozikode, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi and Tiruchirapalli
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/ CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/ CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
Sale of CAT 2012 vouchers: Before registering and scheduling for your test, you will need to purchase a CAT 2012 voucher from any of the selected Axis Bank branches between July 30 and September 17, 2012. Click here for a list of participating bank branches.
Test Duration and Pattern: The CAT 2012 will have only two sections. The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. These two sections will be implemented sequentially with separate time limits. The examination will be 140 minutes. Candidates will have 70 minutes to answer 30 questions within each section which will have an on-screen countdown timer. Within the 70 min provided for the section, candidates can review the answers. Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second section and will no longer be able to go back.
Click here for details of test sites
Selection process: IIM shortlists candidates for second stage of selection which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2012 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information you may refer the admissions policies of IIMs from their respective websites.
CAT Result and Short-listing: CAT 2012 result will be announced on January 09, 2013 on the CAT website. List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of slection will be made available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send interview letters to the candidates it has short-listed. The criteria for short-listing varies from IIM to IIM. Please visit the admission hotlinks of the respective websites of IIMs for further information.
- Registration: July 30- September 19, 2012
- Sale of vouchers: July 30- September 17, 2012
- Tests: October 11- November 06, 2012