- Session begins: September
- Application deadline: Four months before the session starts
- Visa Cycle: Best to apply 3 months prior to date of departure
ITALY stands as fashion’s Mecca in the modern world and gets a decent number of Indian students who intend to pursue fashion and design, although there are others who come here to study Engineering and Business Administration. Italian universities have been intellectually diverse and the world’s oldest extant university still stands quite tall at Bologna.
However, as Surender Chauhan would like to believe, the country is innately stylish and it kind of rubs on you. Surender studied at Polytechnic of Milan. Other places having strong Indian presence include University of Venice, John Cabot University, University of Bologna and Polytechnic of Turin. To make the country a viable option among Indian students, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers scholarships. However, there were only 450-500 applicants last year. With many new Italian universities trying to offer courses in English, the Indian student population is bound to increase.
- Applicants of north India need to apply for Visa at VFS Italy Visa Application Centre at Embassy of Italy in New Delhi.
- Consulate Generals of Italy in Mumbai and Kolkata deal with south, west and east respectively.
- Submit your filled-in application forms along with passport, overseas medical insurance, applicant’s academic certificates duly legalized by the Consular office or the Embassy, letter of acceptance from the University in Italy, receipt of full payment of tuition fees and adequate proof of boarding and lodging.
- The Embassy may call an applicant for an interview or any additional document.