- Session Begins: August
- Application Deadline: March
- Visa Cycle: At least two months prior to the commencement of your course and not before 6 months
VRUSHALI Mehta got through INSEAD and was proud of her achievement. However, she was offered a place in INSEAD’s satellite campus at Singapore. Her parents were overjoyed. Singapore is four hours away from India and has emerged as one of the important destination for Indian students. Numerous Indian students go there ever year to study Management, Engineering, IT and Tourism courses. Apart from INSEAD, there are other popular private educational campuses like those of SP Jain Centre of Management and SIM University.
In addition, National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University and Singapore Management University have emerged as top choices of Indian students. Singapore has lower cost of living than most developed countries. Students do not require a work-permit but can work a maximum of 16 hours a week. The institute usually provides assistance to students to apply for Student Pass (visa).
- International students are required to apply for a Student’s Pass to pursue a course of study in Singapore unless they are holding a Dependent Pass (DP) or an Immigration Exemption Order (IEO).
- Upon receiving the Letter of Acceptance from the school, the applicant must proceed to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to apply for a Student’s Pass.
- Once your application is successful, you will need to complete the acceptance form, the Student Pass application form & return it to the University.
- On receipt of your Acceptance Form and the Student Pass application form, the university will apply for Student Pass from the Singapore Immigration & check points Authority. The University/Institute will send you a letter from ICA regarding the approval of your student pass.