- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
Scholarships for J&K students: Study anywhere in India
THE scheme arises out of the identified strategy of a human resource development initiative focused on improving skill set through improving access to education. To provide tuition fees, hostel fees, cost of books and other incidental charges to students belonging to Jammu & Kashmir who, after passing Class XII or equivalent examination, secure admission in Government colleges/institutions and other select institutions outside the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
Scholarship sponsored by: Department of Higher Education
Scholarship: Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir Education to pursue degree courses, medical courses, engineering courses outside J&K (study anywhere in India)
Study subject(s): Degree, Medical & Engineering courses
Course level: Graduate, Postgraduate
Total no. scholarships: 5000
- 4500: For generaldegree courses
- 250: For engineering
- 250: For medical studies.
Upto Rs.30,000/‐ per annum for general degree courses
Upto Rs.1.25 lakhs per annum for engineering courses
Upto Rs.3.00 lakhs per annum for medical studies, including Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Additional benefits: Hostel fees and incidentals will also be given for all categories of courses. The ceiling for this will be Rs. 1 lakh per annum. Course fees, Hostel fees, etc. would be paid as per ‘actuals’. The charges in rented accomodation will be reimbursed as per certificate given by the Head of the college / institute, regarding reasonableness of rates etc.
- Students belonging to the State of Jammu & Kashmir, appearing for the Class XII or equivalent exam through the State Board of Jammu & Kashmir, pursuing general degree courses, engineering and medical studies in govt. colleges/ institutes/ other non govt. reputed institutes, located outside the State of Jammu & Kashmir, would be eligible for scholarship under this scheme. Students pursing courses through Open Universities would not be eligible under the scheme.
- Students availing of other scholarships schemes would not be eligible to avail of this scholarship scheme. Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree, shall not be eligible under this scheme. The income ceiling will be Rs. 4.5 lakhs per annum.
Selection process: The total number of scholarships will be 5000 fresh scholarships per year. In case the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, then the awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class‐XII or equivalent exam. The awardees would be selected from amongst the students who belong to Jammu & Kashmir and who appear for the Class XII or equivalent exam through the State Board of Jammu & Kashmir.
How to apply: Students are required to submit all the requisite documents to the college/ institute in which he/she is securing admission.
Alongwith other documents required by the college/institute, the students would also be required to furnish the following: Certificate of domicile of the State of Jammu & Kashmir Certificate of oncome. Requisite Certificate, if claiming scholarship under any reservation quota [ SC/ST/OBC/PH etc.].
- The process of submission of documents by the students and forwarding of the list of students along with the fee structure, hostel charges etc., to the Dept. of HE [NS Division], by the institute, may be completed within 15 days from the date of admission.
Click here to view details
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road