ICAR's entrance for UG, PG & SRF (PGS) 2013
Exam: ICAR's 18th All India Entrance Examination for undergraduate and postgraduate courses (AIEE - UG 2012 & AIEE - PG 2013)
Conducted by: Indian Council of Agricultural Research
Admission to: The exam is conducted to fill 100% seats at ICAR-Deemed Universities and on 15% seats (tentative) for Bachelor degrees and 25% seats (tentative) for Master degrees at State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, Central Universities with Agricultural Faculty (Banaras Hindu University, Viswa Bharati, Nagaland University and Aligarh Muslim University (for PG only) and SHIATS Allahabad for the academic session 2013-14.
Bachelor degree Programmes
- Home Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Food Science
- Agricultural Marketing
- Banking & Co-operation
Master’s degree Programmes
- Home Science
- Agri Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Allied sciences
SRF (PGS) Programmes:
- Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Home Science
- Fisheries Science & Technology
- Agricultural Economics, Statistics & Extension Education
National Talent Scholarship (NTS)
- Based on the results of AIEEA-UG-2013 examination, National Talent Scholarships (NTS) will be awarded to Bachelor degree students. It is awarded to candidates only if joining an Agricultural University located outside their state of domicile.
ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships (JRF)
- Based on the merit-rank in AIEEA-PG-2013 examination, ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) will be awarded to Master's degree students in 20 major subject groups for two years in agricultural universities provided their Bachelor degree is not from the same university.
- If an ICAR-JRF(PGS) holder seeks fresh admission, entire amount of fellowship received by him/her shall have to be refunded with interest and he/she will not be entitled for fresh ICAR-JRF(PGS).
- Must have passed and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General, UPS and OBC categories or 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PH categories in 10+2 examination or equivalent/Inter (Agriculture) with PCM/PCB/ PCMB/ PCA/ PCH subject combinations.
- Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage is available.
- Candidate appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply but shall produce 10+2 pass certificate with required % marks at the time of counseling.
- Pass in English in 10+2 examination is essential for admission in some of the Universities.
- Bachelor’s degree (or appearing in final year examination), in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Agri. Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science, Basic and allied sciences under 10+2+5 or 10+2+4 years degree programmes. Few seats are also available for candidates having Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme.
- Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 6.60/10, 3.25/5, 2.60/4 for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas OGPA of 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4 for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) categories are necessary.
- In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PH the requirement is 50% marks (Equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable).
- Candidates, currently studying for their Master’s degree in 1st year, can also appear in AIEEA-PG-2011 examination for securing ICAR-JRF(PGS).
- For admission in M.V.Sc. programmes, the candidate must have completed B.V.Sc./ B.V.Sc. & A.H. with Internship before the date of registration for admission in the concerned University.
- The in-service candidates, seeking admission to ICAR-Deemed universities, should see their respective website.
- Indian nationals having completed their Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of 55 per cent marks or equivalent OGPA from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible.
- For SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be relaxed by 5 per cent or equivalent OGPA.
- The equivalence of OGPA to percent marks, where needed, will be certified by the Registrar of the concerned University and must be produced by the candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester would also be eligible provided they complete the Postgraduate degree in all respects by the date of examination, i.e. April 21, 2013 and produce the degree completion certificate from the Registrar to this effect
- For AIEEA-UG-2013, candidate should be between 17 and 23 years as on August 31, 2013. (must have been born between 01.09.1990 to 01.09.1996).
- For AIEEA-PG-2013, candidate should not be less than 19 years as on August 31, 2013. (must not have been born after 01.09.1994)
- For SRF (PGS)-2013: The minimum and maximum age limit shall be 21 years and 30 years. For in-service candidates, age should not be more than 45 years.
Note: This examination does not include admission to Bachelor degree programmes in Veterinary Sciences.
Cost of Information Bulletin with Application form:
- AIEEA-UG-2013 - Rs. 500/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and Rs. 250/- for S.C., S.T. and P.H. categories
- AIEEA-PG-2013 - Rs. 600/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and Rs. 300/- for S.C., S.T. and P.H. categories
- SRF(PGS)-2013: Rs 1200 for General/OBC and Rs 600 for SC/ST and P.H. categories
In addition, Rs. 25/- per Bulletin would be charged as handling charges plus service tax as applicable, in case of purchase against cash, whereas Rs. 50/- per Bulletin should be added in the Bank Draft amount towards postal expenses, if requested to be sent by post.
How to apply: Interested candidates can apply both online and offline.
Online - Click here to apply online and download information bulletin for both UG, PG and SRF (PGS)
For receiving application online, a new provision has been kept to deposit the application fee either through Challan of Syndicate Bank or through Credit / Debit card using Payment Gateway of Syndicate Bank/NEFT.
By hand - The forms can be obtained by cash payment from Registrars of Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank and also from eight ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft.
The A/c payee bank draft should be drawn in favour of “ICAR Unit - Education Division, ICAR, New Delhi” payable at “New Delhi” and candidate should write the details of his/ her name and address on the back of the Bank Draft.
By post - Candidates can also obtain Information Bulletin with Application Form by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft of the amount specified and also an unstamped self addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm). The request should be addressed to the address below.
- Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Forms - Till February 15, 2013 (online & by hand) while February 10, 2012 (by post)
- Application deadline - February 15, 2013
- Examination date
UG - April 20, 2013
PG & SRF (PGS) - April 21, 2013
For the candidates belonging to certain remote areas viz., Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti district and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep, the last date of receipt of application is February 22, 2013.
Click here to view details
The Controller of Examinations (Education)
Room No. 216
ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II,
Pusa, New Delhi–110012