University: Kerala University
- Political Science
- Islamic History
- Aquatic Biology & Fisheries
- Computer Science
- Computational Biology
- Environmental Science
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree with the required minimum as specified in the concerned subject as follows :
- English : BA / BSc with 50% in Part I or 45% in Part III & IV Optional English Main with relaxation for SC/ST students.
- Philosophy : BA with 50% or BSc with 55% minimum marks with relaxation of marks for SC/ST students.
- Archaeology : BA / BSc Degree with 45% marks.
- History : BA History / Politics / English / Economics / Philosophy / Sociology / Social Science / BBA with 50% marks.
- Sociology : Graduate in any subject in Faculty of Arts / Social Science / Science / Commerce with 45% marks. Relaxation of marks for SC/ST.
- Economics : BA Economics or BSc Mathematics / Statistics with 50% marks relaxation of marks for SC/ST.
- Political Science : BA Politics / Economics / History / Philosophy / Law / Journalism / Social Science Subjects with 50% marks, for SC/ST 35%
- Psychology : A pass in BA / BSc Psychology
- Hindi : BA Hindi Main or BA / BSc with Hindi in Part II with aggregate maximum of 300 marks in Hindi with relaxation for SC/ST students.
- Malayalam : BA Malayalam 50% marks or 50% in Part II Malayalam language for SC/ST pass only.
- Linguistics : BA / BSc / BCom degree with 50% marks.
- Arabic : BA degree in Arabic or Arabic as Second Language at degree level.
- Islamic History : BA in Islamic History or students of Social Science subjects with 50% marks at degree level.
- Sanskrit : BA Sanskrit – BA Sanskrit Special with any specialization – or BA with Sanskrit as Second Additional Language with 45% marks.
- Tamil : BA Tamil or Second Language with 50% marks.
- German : BA – BSc degree with Post Diploma course or Second Class with Diploma or 50% marks secured in Part II German.
- Russian : A pass in any degree recognized by University of Kerala and Diploma in Russian or Integrated Diploma in Russian or BA, BSc Part II Russian.
Music : BA Music / BPA with 50% marks
- Aquatic Biology & Fisheries : BSc Zoology with 55% marks in Part III
- Bio Chemistry : BSc Chemistry main or BSc Biochemistry / Chemistry – Core subject restructured course with 55% in Part III.
- Botany : BSc Botany with 55% marks in Part III/Tipple Main with Botany
- Chemistry : BSc Chemistry main with Mathematics as Subsidiary with 55% marks.
- Demography : 55% marks for BSc Mathematics – Statistics or 50% marks for BA Economics, Sociology, Geography, Anthropology with Statistics Subsidiary or have opted Mathematics at Pre-degree level.
- Geology : BSc Geology with 55% marks in Part III
- Mathematics : BSc Mathematics with 55% marks in Part III
- Physics : BSc Physics with Mathematics as subsidiary and 55% marks in Part III
- Statistics : BSc Statistics or BSc Mathematics with Statistics as subsidiary with 55% marks.
- Zoology : BSc Zoology with 55% marks.
- Bio-technology : BSc in Zoology/Botany/Micro Biology/Bio technology/Bio chemistry/ Environmental Science/ Aquatic Biology with 55% marks.
- Computer Science : Ist Class Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Computer Application / Electronics with 60% marks.
- Computational Biology : BSc (Computer Science) and allied areas BSc(Electronics, BCA, Information Technology, BSc Bioinformatics, BSc Mathematics and BTech in any branch. (Life Science students are not eligible for admission).
- Environmental Science : BSc Botany / Zoology / Life Science / Environmental Science / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Geology with 55% marks.
- MCom : BCom with 50% marks with relaxation for SC/ST
- MLISc : Bachelors Degree of University of Kerala or a Degree of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with 50% marks aggregate.
- MEd : BEd with 50% marks and MA , M.Sc or MCom with 50% marks.
- LLM : LLB Degree with 50% marks.
- MCJ : Any degree Arts 50% Science 55% in Part III.
- MSW : Graduate in Social Science, Commerce, Law, BSW, BBA & Science Graduates.
Selection Procedure: Entrance Test and marks in qualifying examination (50-50 weightage)
How to apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from university website.
- There will be two parts in the application form. "Form A" – Application for Entrance Test for PG Admissions in the departments of Kerala University. "Form B" – Application for admission to Department of ---(Name of subject) for admission to MA / MSc / MCom / MCJ / LLM / MLISc / MEd / MSW etc.
- Additional xerox copies of Form B has to be used separately when applying for more than one subject provided they had remitted an additional fee of Rs.50/- for each additional subject applied (If DD Rs.70/-).
- Filled in Application Form-A along with the Demand Draft / Challan, the Hall ticket portion and a self addressed stamped cover for Rs.5/- should be sent to 'The Deputy Registrar, Credit and Semester System, University Of Kerala, Kariavattom P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695581'
- Form B should be filled and sent addressed to the Prof & Head, Department of --- (Name of the teaching department the student seeks admission) University of Kerala, Kariavattom P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695581.
Application Deadline: August 5, 2012
University of Kerala,
Kariavattom P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695581.
Phone: (0471) 2305738 , 0471-2305994 ,2306422 (16 Lines)