Institute: Jadavpur University
- M.A. (Day) courses in English, Comparative Literature, Bengali, Economics, Film Studies, Education, Political Science with International Relations, History, Sanskrit, Philosophy & Sociology
- M.A. (Evening) courses in Bengali, & Sanskrit.
- 5-year B. Engineering (Evening) in Civil, Electrical & Mechanical.
- 3-year B.Tech. in Instrumentation & Elect ronics Engineering.
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Click link to view eligibility details
- M.A. (Day) courses
- M.A. (Evening)
- B. Engineering (Evening) in Civil, Electrical & Mechanical: Candidates who have passed with 1st class (2nd class for SC/ST) Diploma Examination of National Council of Education, Bengal/an Indian University/Government/Statutory Board, in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or have passed with 1st class (2nd class for SC/ST), B.O.A.T. Examination for Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent Diploma in relevant subject recognized by the University and actual employment in service are eligible to apply.
- B.Tech. in Instrumentation & Elect ronics Engineering: Candidate must have passed the B.Sc. Examination (3-year course) of a University with Honours or majoring in Physics, Electronics Science, Computer Science and Instrumentation Science with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) along with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects.
However, candidates who have appeared / are due to appear at the qualifying examination may also apply and such candidates, if selected, will be admitted only if they can submit valid proof of their passing the qualifying examination with required percentages of marks at the time of interview. But if the results of the qualifying examination as stated above is not published at the time of interview, the candidate shall have to produce a certificate from the Principal of the College last attended stating that he/she (candidate) has appeared in the B.Sc. final examination with the honours and subsidiary subjects mentioned in it.
In that case if, at the interview, the candidate is selected for admission, he/she will be given provisional admission and he/she shall have to submit the original and attested copy of B.Sc. (Hons.) Final mark-sheet within 3 months from the date of commencement of 1s t year B.Tech classes, failing which or if the candidate is found to be not eligible as per the mark-sheet, his/her provisional admission will be cancelled.
How to apply: Click here to apply online for MA courses
- An applicant can apply for more than one subjects if he/she is eligible.
- The application fee (including Rs.25/- as service charge of Bank) of Rs.125/- for one subject and an additional fee of Rs.100/- each for other subjects is to be deposited in any branch of State Bank of India by filling in the Pay-in-Slip.
- There will be a Help Desk housed in the U.G. Arts Building, Jadavpur University Main Campus in case applicants are unable to make on-line applications on their own. The Help Desk facility will be available on and from April 11, 2012 between 11.00 am and 4.30 pm on all working days (Mondays to Fridays).
For Engineering courses: Application Form along with Information Brochure will be available from Information Office of the University from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. from March 29, 2012 to April 12, 2012 (Monday to Friday except Holidays) on Cash payment Rs.150/- for course (A) and Rs.100/- for Courses.
Selected and Wait listed Candidates for Interview will be displayed at the Faculty of Engineering & Technology Office on: June 5, 2012 (tentatively). Admit Card for admission test will be sent by Post. But if not received admit card please contact the Office of Faculty of Engg. & Tech. on May 3 & 4, 2012 along with passport size photograph and identity proof. SC/ST reservation as per rules.
- MA programmes - April 25, 2012 till 3pm
- Engineering programmes - April 12, 2012 till 5 pm
Click here to view details of MA programmes
Click here to view details of Engineering programmes
188 Raja S. C. Mullick Road
Phone: (033) 25776680 , +91 – 7384130712 (helpline)