- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
Various courses at Punjab University, Chandigarh
Applications are invited for admission to the following courses in the teaching departments/regional centres of the University for the session 2012-2013.
All candidates must submit their application forms for admission in the concerned department(s)/regional centres by the specified dates irrespective of the date of declaration of results of the qualifying examination or/and entrance test (O-CET)
- B.E.: Chemical (85+11*), Food Technology (29), Biotechnology (74+3*), Electronics and Communication (103+5*), Information Technology (103+5*), Computer Science (103+5*), Mechanical (74+3*), Electrical and Electronics (74+3*)
- Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre (Hoshiarpur)
- B.E.: Computer Science (74), Electronics and Communication (74), Electrical and Electronics (80), Mechanical (74)
- B.E with MBA five year Integrated course: Chemical (34+5*), Biotechnology (10), Electronics and Communication (10), Information Technology (10), Computer Science (10), Mechanical (10), Electrical and Electronics (10)
The admissions to B.E./B.E with MBA five year Integrated course will be made on the basis of AIEEE conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. For brochure, admission form and other details, office of the Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh be contacted
There are entrance tests for admission to courses at sr nos (ii) to (xi) conducted by the University in May and June, 2012
- B.Pharm. (46+6*)
- MCA: Dept of Computer Science and Applications, (34+5*+2#) (M) and (46+6*+2#) (Evening), Regional Centre, Muktsar (20+3*+2#), Swami Sarvanand Giri, PURC, Hoshiarpur (50+3EWS)
- Candidates desirous of seeking admission to MCA should apply to the Chairperson, Joint Admission Committee, Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- M.Tech: Instrumentation (10+3 SC/ST+2*), Microelectronics (12+3 SC/ST +2*), Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (10+3 SC/ST+2*), Polymer (15+ 5 part time)
- LL.B.: Deptt of Laws (202+27*) (Morning) + (202) (Evening), Swami Sarvanand Giri, PURC, Hoshiarpur (50), PURC, Ludhiana (72+9*) (Evening), PURC, Muktsar (58+8*)
- LL.M.: (42+4*)
The candidate seeking admission for LL.B. 3-years degree course at the PU Regional Centres, Hoshiarpur, Ludhiana and Muktsar should apply to the Director of the respective centre
- MBA (Executive) (39), M.Com (E-commerce) (27), Master in Public Health (17+5 in service candidates+2*) M.A. English (94+15*+6@), Master of Journalism and Mass Comm (51+5*)
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed) (28+2*), Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) (34+2*)
- M.Sc. (2-year course): Human Genomics (15), Environment Science (20+3*), Industrial Chemistry (17),Medical Physics (8+2*), Microbial Biotechnology (20+2*), Nuclear Medicine (8+2*), System Biology and Bioinformatics (13+2*)
- M.Sc (Hons. School): The students who have passed B.Sc (Hons. school) from PU are eligible for admission to M.Sc (Hons. school) in the corresponding subject without taking entrance test. Available/ additional seats for eligible students for admission to M.Sc (Hons. school) Ist year in the following subjects, will be on the basis of entrance test (O-CET): Biochemistry (1+4*), Biophysics (3+4*), Biotechnology (5+2Sc+2*), Botany (25+4*), Chemistry (15+2*), Computer Science and Applications (11+2*), Mathematics (34+5*), Microbiology (4*), Physics (46+6*) , Physics & Electronics (23) and Zoology (14+2*)
- M.E.: Chemical (20), Electronics and Communication Engineering (20+2*), Information Technology (20+2*), Computer Science (20+2*)
- The following courses at sr nos (xii) to (xvi) will have an aptitude/ admission test conducted by the department concerned
- M.Sc.: Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering (17)
- Master’s Courses: Gandhian and Peace Studies (29), Geography (51+7*), History of Art (29), Indian Theatre (23), Music (17 Instrumental and 17 Vocal), Sanskrit (68), Remote Sensing and GIS (25+3 sponsored by govt/Institute), Disaster Management (Deptt of Geography) (25+3*) and Social Works (UI Emerging Areas in Soc. Sc.) (30+4*)
University Institute of Fashion Tech and Vocational Development: Five years Integrated B.Sc and M.Sc in Fashion and Lifestyle Tech (46+6*)
Postgraduate Diploma Courses in School of Communication Studies: Advt. and Public Relations (17), Hindi Journalism (17), Punjabi Journalism (17)
There will be no aptitude/admission test in the following courses:
M.Pharm (2 years course): Pharmaceutics (6A+1B) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (6A+1B) Pharmacognosy (2A+1B), Pharmacology (2A+1B) +3 NRI (choice of the subject will be decided at time of the interview)
A: Panjab University Candidates; B: Candidates from Institute other than Panjab University
- M.Pharm. in Drug Discovery and Drug Dev (10), M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance (10)
- B.A. (Hons. school) followed by M.A. (Hons. school) in Economics (five years Integrated course): (29+4*)
- M.Lib and Information Science (two year Integrated course): (40+5*)
- M.Sc. (Hons. school): Anthropology (23+3*), Geology (29+4
- M.Sc.: Forensic Science and Criminology (centre for excellence in Biomedical Sciences) (20), Instrumentation (CIL) (20), Medical Physics (University Inst. of emerging areas in Sc. and Tech.) (8+2*) and Statistics (34+5*)
- Master’s courses: Forensic Science and Criminology (19+1) for in service candidates), Instrumentation (CIL) (20), Statistics (34+5*), Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology (46), Defence and National Security Studies (34+5 Serving Defence Personnel), Education (25), Economics (115+5*), French (17), Hindi (68), History (50), Human Rights & Duties (30+4*), Panjabi (68), Philosophy (40), Police Administration (34+6*+10 in service Police Personnels), Political Science (68), Psychology (68+9*), Public Administration (70+9*), Sociology (68+9*), Urdu (34), Women’s Studies (17+2*), Community Education and Development (RRC-cum-Comm. Edu. and Dev.) (25)
- Short term courses: Executive certificate course in Disaster Mgt. and Security (DNSS) (20), English Proficiency Course (English) (30)
- Certificate courses: Chinese (57), French (286+38*), Functional Punjabi (31+4*), German (136), Persian (29), Russian (114), Tibetan (57) and Urdu (85)
- Diploma courses: Chinese (16), French (29), Forensic Science and Criminology (Anthropology Dept.) (20+2 for in service Govt Sponsored Police Personnel), German (34), Punjabi Language and Culture (17+2*), Persian (17), Russian (29), Tibetan (17), Translation English to Hindi (68), Translation English to Punjabi (11), Urdu (29), Preschool Education (Life Long Learning and Extension) (15)
- Advanced diploma courses: Chinese (11), French (17), German (23), Proficiency in Interpretership for Tibetan (11), Persian (11), Russian (17) and Urdu (17)
- Postgraduate diploma courses: Disaster Management (DNSS) (34), Homeland Security (DNSS) (10+ 15 Serving Personnel) and Buddhist Studies (20)
- Post M.A. Diploma Courses in Department of Psychology: Professional Counseling and Psychotherapy (23+3*), Psychological Testing (23+3*)
Institute of Educational Technology and Vocational Education
B.A. Hons. (Education) - B.Ed.(50), Community Education & Disability Studies. and B.Ed.-Special Education with Specialization in Learning Disability (RRC-cum-Community Education and Development) (25)
Department of Evening Studies:
B.A. Part I (342), B.Com. Part I (80), M.A. Part I English (91), Economics (68), History (68), Political Science (91) and Punjabi (68)
Admission is open to such candidates who submit a proof of their employment in the form of a certificate from the employer/ or a certificate by self, that the candidate is self-employed. Seats in undergraduate subjects are also limited. Students are, therefore, advised to fill in subjects (in various groups) according to their preferences. Final allocation will be done in order of merit
PU Regional Centre, Muktsar
M.A.: English (46), Economics (46), Panjabi (46) and Political Science (46)
P.U. Rural centre,Kauni, Distt Muktsar: BA (80), BBA (40), BCom (40) & PGDCA (40)
M.Phil. courses: AIHCA (15), Economics (15), Gandhian Studies (10), Geography (15), History (15), Political Science (15), Philosophy (10), Psychology (10), Public Administration (10+2*+2 for teachers of affiliated colleges), Sociology (15), Defence and National Security Studies (20 Army Officers+5 Officers from Armed Forces+5 for Defence Studies students), Police Administration (UI of Emerging Area in Social Sc.) (6+4 for in-service Police Personnel), English (20+2*), Punjabi (25+25 SGGSS), Sanskrit (20), Botany (15), Music (15), Statistics (10), Zoology (10), Physical Education (10) and PURC, Muktsar, Punjabi (15)
(*seats for Foreign Nationals/ NRI; # seats for those who have passed UGC approved vocational subject for three years at undergraduate level; @ for students who have passed B.A. with functional English)
The inter-se merit of candidates seeking admission under the NRI category will be based on their score in (i) the entrance test (if they are in India) or (ii) SAT–II/ GRE/ GMAT (whichever relevant) and (iii) other scores as applicable. The foreign candidates shall have to comply with visa and other requirements prescribed by the govt of India and Panjab University, Chandigarh from time to time.
How to apply:
Handbook of Information and rules for admission-2012 can be obtained from Sale Counter, Administrative Block (Basement) Punjab University, Chandigarh on cash payment of Rs.500/- and by post from the Manager, Publication Bureau, P.U. Chandihgarh-160014 against account payee Band draft of Rs. 600/- drawn in favour of The Registrar, Punjab University, payable at Chandigarh
The applicants for the Ist year of any course are advised to purchase a copy of Handbook of Information to acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations and other details of the courses
Candidates desirous of applying for admission to University Teaching Departments/ Centres for the session 2012-2013 can download admission form from PU website free of cost. However, those finally admitted, will be charged Rs 50/- as cost of admission form along with admission fees
Each applicant applying for admission in sports category shall apply along with photocopy of the complete admissions form, and original photograph toh the Chairperson/ Director of the concerned department/ Centre, P.U. Chandigarh-160014. The candidate are required to appeatr for trial in a proper sports kit along with their original sports certificates on University Grounds as per schedule w.e.f. July 6, 2012 & July 7, 2012 (For Schedule contact office of the University Director of Physical Education) Presence of candidate in the field at appointed time is mandatory.
Last date for receipt if application forms
All courses (other than 2 below): July 2, 2012 5.00 p.m.
M.Phil./Certificate/ Diploma courses: July 20, 2012 5.00 p.m.
Address: Panjab University, Chandigarh