Recruitment at: National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR)
Medical Officer – for around 12 months Surgeon / Physician: 4 posts
Medical Officer – for around 05 months Surgeon/Physician: 1 posts
- M.B.B.S. from recognized university
- Desirable: Post Graduate qualification (MD/MS/DNB) from a recognized University.
- Experience: Four years experience in the case of medical graduates (i.e. MBBS) and one year experience in the case of candidates having Post- Graduate qualification (i.e.MD/MS/DNB).
Terms of employment: The contract wages for the selected candidates will be as follows:
- Contract wages of Rs. 55800/- per month for candidates holding MBBS Degree and for candidates holding post-graduate qualification Rs. 65100/- per month for the entire duration of contract.
- The above medical officers as member of team will be entitled for free boarding & lodging onboard ship and at Antarctica with special polar clothing. The medical officers are entitled for Special Hardship allowance of Rs. 450/- per day during the summer season and Rs. 675/- per day during the winter season for the actual duration of stay in Antarctica.
- Summer season will be from December 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013.
- Winter season will be before December 1, 2012 and after February 28, 2013.
Selection process: The final selection of the candidates is subjected to their medical fitness. The applicant must attach the medical fitness certificate by medical superintendent of a govt. hospital along with application.
How to apply: Click here to download application form
- The duly filled in form should be submitted at the time of interview along with the attested copies of their qualifying certificates.
- Ex-Servicemen attending the interview are advised to bring along the Identity Card and Discharge Book.
- Applicants are requested to bring original certificates/documents for verification on July 9, 2012, at 9:00 hrs [before appearing for the interview], to be eligible for appearing for the said interview on July 9, 2012.
Click here to view details
National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research
Headland Sada, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa – 403 804