Programme conducted by: ICICI Bank
Programme: Probationary Officer Training Programme
What programme entails? The applicants will be enrolled for MBA in Banking and Finance with Manipal University, an UGC recognized University.
Objective: It is designed to develop specialists with banking knowledge and skills to fulfill the future need of trained bankers.
Training centre: ICICI Manipal Academy campus, Bangalore
MBA (Banking & Finance) program consists of two phases:
- Phase I (12 months): This phase comprises of 9 months of on-campus classroom training & 3 months of internship in ICICI Bank. Upon successful completion of this phase, participants are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB).
- Phase II [Optional] (18-30 months): This phase comprises of 18 months of Online Training (3 Semesters). It is designed to provide managerial skills to the students. This phase commences after the students join the Bank. It provides an opportunity to complete the training programme while working. On completion of this phase by participants who opt for it and pay the requisite fee, an MBA( Banking and Finance) is awarded by the Manipal University. Students have the option of completing Phase II in 30 months. MBA degree will be conferred only on the successful completion of both Phase I and Phase II.
- The training has a blended curriculum with instructor led classroom sessions, e-learning and internship at ICICI Bank branches/offices.
- The training imparts knowledge and skills in core banking (banking products,banking operations, channels and customers, receipts and payments, etc).
- The trainees will have the opportunity to specialize in one of the following areas in banking:
Trade Finance & CMS
Branch & Relationship Management
Private Banking & Wealth Management
Rural and Inclusive Banking.
- The participants are put through a very rigorous training with special emphasis on application of knowledge and overall development of personality.
- The classroom sessions (9 months) are conducted at the ICICI Manipal Academy and internship (3 months ) at any ICICI Bank branch or office (within India).
- The Probationary Officers are paid stipend for the first 9 months to meet the out of pocket expenses and a higher stipend during internship.
- The Probationary Officers will get an assured employment with ICICI Bank on successful completion of the Probationary Officer Training Programme.
- The faculty is comprised of experienced professionals in the domain of banking and finance and behavioral sciences. There is a special focus on the overall grooming of the individuals and that is further facilitated through a learning environment that is created through lectures delivered by experts from ICICI Bank and the banking industry.
- The campus is equipped with the best educational infrastructure e.g. air-conditioned classrooms, video conferencing rooms, auditorium, well stocked library, boarding and lodging facilities, recreation and sports facilities, etc. The residential nature of the programme ensures that the Probationary Officers imbibe the culture and values of ICICI Group.
Post training: The Probationary Officers will be absorbed as Assistant Manager in the Bank.
Selection process: It will be based on:
- Online Aptitude test
- Online Psychometric Assessment
- Case-based Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- The interested students will have to invest Rs. 3.35 lakh (including applicable service tax) which would be provided by ICICI Bank as a loan at a subsidized interest rate of 2.5%. p.a. This is the fee for the first phase of the PGDB programme. The fee for Phase II is an additional amount of rupee 1.25 lakh. This will be paid by students who opt for this phase.
- The loan is to be repaid by Probationary Officers in equated monthly installment (EMI) after joining the Bank.
Note: There would be no recovery of EMI or interest during the training and internship period, the interest accrued during this period would be recovered along with the normal EMI.
How to apply: Click here to apply online
Click here to view all details
To know more about the ICICI Manipal Academy Click here
Application deadline: July 15, 2012
Centre for Human Resources
ICICI Bank Limited
HRMG, 6th Floor,
Trans Trade Center,
Near. Floral Deck Plaza,
SEEPZ, MIDC, Andheri (E),
Mumbai - 400 093
Phone: 022 - 39858076 / 39858077 /