Institute: Government of Puducherry, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA)
Programme: PG programmes (M.Tech., MCA, M.Phil.& M.Sc.)
Age: There is no age limit for MCA and other PG courses.
Total no of seats:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA): 30
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering (Advanced Construction Technology): 17
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Technology): 17
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering: 17
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (Distributed Computing Systems): 25
- M.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Electrical Drives and Control): 25
- M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering (offered jointly by the Departments of Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering): 18
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (Information Security): 18
- M .Phil. in Physics (Material Science): 04
- M.Sc. (Materials Science & Technology): 10
Self financing courses:
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (Product Design and Manufacturing): 18
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Wireless Communication): 18
- Subsequent to this notification, if any new college(s) or new course(s) or increase in number of seats in the existing courses is / are approved by Govt. of Puducherry and other Statutory Bodies for admission during the academic year 2012-2013, will be included in the CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA.
- Number of government quota seats and participating self financing colleges will be announced at the time of counseling after the receipt of necessary orders from Government of Puducherry.
- MCA : The selection of candidates for admission to MCA programme will be based on the Merit List in CET 2012 prepared by CENTAC-MCA. The number of seats under Puducherry quota is 23 and other states quota is 7.
- M.Tech. : Out of the total sanctioned intake, 75% of the seats are reserved for candidates from U.T. of Puducherry and 25% of the seats reserved for candidates from other states / UTs, for the PG courses offered in Government / Government sponsored Colleges. Admission to M.Tech. programmes will be based only on the GATE score. If enough number of GATE qualified candidates are not available, the lapsed seats will be filled by the Non-GATE candidates based on the performance in an Entrance Test to be conducted by the CENTAC-PG. For self financing courses admission shall be based on merit in the Entrance Test conducted by CENTAC–PG.
- M.Phil. and M.Sc. : Admission to M.Phil. and M.Sc. programmes will made based on the performance in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the CENTAC-PG.
- MBA : The selection of candidates for admission to MBA programme will be based on the Merit List in MBA-ET - 2012 prepared by CENTAC-MBA. The number of government quota seats in the private self financing colleges will be announced at the time of counselling as per the directions of Government of Puducherry. Only the Residents of Puducherry are eligible to apply for admission to MBA.
Entrance Test-2012: The entrance test for PG programmes, CET-2012 and MBA-ET 2012 will be conducted only in Pondicherry Engineering College as scheduled below.
- For M.Tech. , M.Phil. and M.Sc. : July 28, 2012 (FN & AN) & July 29, 2012 (FN & AN).
- For MCA: July 29, 2012 between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon.
- For MBA: August 4, 2012 between 10.00 p.m. and 12.00 noon.
How to apply: Application forms and Information Brochure can be obtained from Office of PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, in person on all working days on or after 29th June 2012 on payment of Rs. 1030/- [Rs. 530/- for SC / ST candidates]. Application forms can also be obtained by post by sending a request to The Convenor, CENTAC-PG,MCA&MBA Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed demand draft for Rs.1065/-(Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage) [Rs.565/- for SC / ST Candidates. (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders and money orders will not be accepted. Filled-in Application forms along with all necessary enclosures should be sent in the prescribed envelope to 'The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-PG MCA & MBA), Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry - 605 014
Download application form from website and submitted along with crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- [Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates] drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG,MCA & MBA payable at Puducherry.
Application deadline: July 16, 2012
Click here to view details
Government of Puducherry
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA)
Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605 014.