Organisation: United Nations (Civil Services)
Programme: Young Professionals Programme
- The UN seeks highly qualified candidates ready to launch a professional career as an international civil servant. For young, high-calibre professionals across the globe, the exam is a platform for launching a career at the United Nations.
- Initially you will be appointed for two years and then be reviewed for a continuing appointment. The Organization promotes mobility within and across duty stations and job families. As a new recruit you are expected to work in at least two different functions and duty stations within your first five years of service. You will be offered orientation and mobility training as well as career support. This will help you adapt and accelerate the learning period leading to productive work and job satisfaction as an international civil servant.
- Women are encouraged to apply
Selection procedure: Written exam
2012 exam is offered in the following job families:
- Economic Affairs
- Information System and Technology
- Political Affairs
- Radio Producer
- Social Affairs
About exam: It tests your substantive knowledge, analytical thinking, drafting abilities and awareness of international affairs.
- Bachelor's or Master' s university degree in a subject related to the specified job families.
- Fluency in English or French.
- Be a national of participating country
Age limit: 32 years or less as on December 31, 2012
How to apply:
Note: Only one application allowed for each applicant. Multiple applications for different job families is not allowed
Application deadline: September 19, 2012
Exam date: December 5, 2012