Organisation: Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)
Programme: Scholarships for students of economically weaker families
Scope: The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes at Graduation level.
Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in the Academic Year 2011-12 and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of
- i) Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses.
- ii) Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
For i) above Candidates who have passed Class XII exam or equivalent in the Academic year 2011-12 with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade and annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed '' 1,00,000/- per annum.
For ii) above The basic educational qualification is relaxed to Class X or equivalent with at least 60% marks in the Academic year 2011-12 subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
Scholarship : An amount of ''10,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected candidate which is payable in ten monthly installments of '' 1,000/- each. The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code are compulsory
1. Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed ''1,00,000/- per annum.
2. Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
3. The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
4. Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
How to apply:
Click here to apply online
Note: Once the online application is submitted, the candidate will get an acknowledgement at the email ID provided in the online application. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which will be mentioned in the acknowledgement mail. The candidate should ensure to submit the correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date, if required.
Application deadline: September 7, 2012
Click here for more details OR contact the nearest LIC office
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation
Mumbai – 21.
Email: [email protected]