- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
Shell Junior National Science scholarships: Class 9, 10
Scholarship: Shell Junior National Science Scholars Programme
Sponser: Shell India in association with British Council in India
Knowledge Partner: The National Council of Science Museums
Selection Procedure: Written exam
Duration: 3 hours
Subjects assessed in: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Category of students: Class 9 and 10 from any school across India (private or government; offering any curriculum - SSC/ CBSE/ ICSE/ IB/ IGCSE).
Mentor: The school will have to name a science teacher as mentor for the students of the school.
- The examination will be held in six cities i.e. Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai
- Apart from English, the examination will be conducted in six regional languages i.e. Hindi, Tamil, Bangla, Marathi, Kannada and Gujarati
- Subjects will include Physics, Chemistry, Maths and General Knowledge
- The test will mainly be objective type with only one subjective question to determine the student's aptitude and motivation for science
- 8 regional winners will get a scholarship of Rs. 50,000 each and the 3 national winners will get Rs. 75,000 each
- A student could win two prizes: the Shell Junior Regional Science Scholar Award as well as the Shell Junior National Science Scholar Award
- As part of the scholarship programme, science teacher(s) from participating schools will be required to submit a question bank of 5 questions each.
- The mentor teachers of the regional and national winners will get a “Science Excellence Award” with the opportunity to visit the National Science Centre, UK for a one week workshop/training.
How to apply:
Download the registration form
Send the completed form with the Principal’s signature and the school stamp :
Submit a hard copy to your nearest British Council office
Send the completed form as a PDFattachment (scanned copy of the form with stamp and signature) by email to: email@example.com
Scholarship test in six cities: December 16, 2012
Announcement of results: January 15, 2013
Teachers’ visit to the National Science Centre, UK: Feb/ Mar 2013
Click here for details
Contact: Anjoo Mohun