SBI Recruitment: 1500 Probationary officers!
Applications are invited from eligible Indian candidates for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) at the State Bank of India. Interested candidates have to appear for a written exam. Selected candidates are liable to be transfered anywhere in India.
Note: Vacancies for OH & VH category candidates are reserved horizontally. Vacancies including reserved vacancies are provisional and may vary according to the requirements of Bank.
Eligibility Criteria : (AS ON 01.01.2013)
(A) Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
(B) Age Limit: As on 01.01.2013
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.01.2013 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1983 and not later than 01.01.1992 (both days inclusive)
- Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit to Reserved category candidates as per norms.
Note: Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the 'CREAMY LAYER', are not entitled to OBC reservation and age relaxation. They should indicate their category as 'GEN' or 'GEN (OH)' or 'GEN (VH)' (as applicable).
(A) Phase-I: Written Examination (250 marks) consisting of Objective Tests and Descriptive Test.
(i) Objective Tests (200 marks): The Objective Tests with 2 hour duration will consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each as follows:
- Test of English Language (Grammer, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
- Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
- Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Test of Reasoning (High Level)
The candidates are required to qualify in the Objective Tests by securing passing marks, in each of the tests, to be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level for each category.
(ii) Descriptive Test (50 marks): The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration will be of “Test of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing & essay)”.
- The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests as stated above in (i).
B) Phase-II: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 3 times the number of vacancies in each category, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
(C) Final Selection:
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-I and Phase-II separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks maximum) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks maximum) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 for each category.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Results of the candidates who have qualified for Phase II and thereafter, the list of candidates finally selected will be available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar.
- The starting basic pay is Rs 16,900/- (with 4 increments) in the scale of Rs 14500-600/7-18700-700/ 2-20100-800/7-25700 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
- The official will also be eligible for D.A., H.R.A & C.C.A as per rules in force from time to time. At present monthly compensation at Mumbai will be approximately Rs 69,000/- inclusive of lease rental. The salary scales are under revision with effect from November 2012.
- The officers are required to make 10% of their basic pay as contribution to Provident Fund and the Bank also makes matching contribution to the Employees Provident Fund.
- The new entrants will be governed by the Defined Contribution Pension Scheme/New Pension Scheme, where each employee is required to contribute 10% of Basic Pay and D.A. towards pension scheme and Bank also makes matching contribution.
- Leased accommodation ranging from Rs 8,000/- in ‘C’ category Centres to Rs 29,500/- in Mumbai Centre.
- Medical Aid for self (100%) and for family (75%).
- Home Travel Concession/ Leave Fare Concession.
- Concessional interest rates for Housing/Car/Personal Loans
Application fee: Rs 200 (Rs 50 for SC/ST/PWD)
No. of attempts allowed to write the exam:
- General : 4
- General (PWD): 7
- OBC: 7
- OBC (OWD): 7
- SC/Sc (PWD)/ST/ST (PWD): No restriction
How to apply: Apply online at https://www.sbi.co.in OR www.statebankofindia.com
Application fee Payment mode:
Offline : Print the generated cash voucher/ challan form with the candidate's details and present it at any State Bank of India branch counter with the
requisite fee. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan form, registration of the online application will be complete.
Note: Fee to be paid on the 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days from registration.
Online mode: Pay through a debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
- Online Registration: January 30 to February 23, 2013
- Online Payment of Fees: January 30 to February 23, 2013
- Offline Payment of Fees: February 1 to 28, 2013
- Examination: April 28, 2013
For further details click here