- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
UGC NET 2013 for Lectureship / Junior Research Fellowship
Updated On:23-Jul-2013, 11:10 AM IST
By: Team Careers360
UGC NET 2013 will be held on June 30, 2013. Held by the University Grants Commission, the National Eligibility Test will be to determine the eligibility of applicants for Lectureship OR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship at the various colleges and institutions in the country. Candidates are eligible to join only those colleges in the state the candidate has opted for UGC NET 2013. Applications are online and the test will be conducted at 79 centres in the country.
Examination: University Grants Commission’s National Eligibility Test (UGC NET 2013)
UGC NET 2013 Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from UGC recognised universities/institutions in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science (50% for SC/ST/PWD)
- Final year students are also eligible provided they pass their PG exam with the requisite percentage with two years of the NET results
- Ph.D students who have completed their PG before Deptember 19, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks criteria
- Note: Candidates would benefit by appearing in the subject of their PG course. Students may opt for related fields if their subject is not covered in the list specified by the UGC
- Age Limit: Candidates should not be more than 28 years as on June 1, 2013.
- 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/ PWD/OBC AND women candidates)
- Candidates having research experience in the relevant subject of the PG degree are also eligible for age relaxation of a maximum of 5 years
- L.L.M. Degree holders are allowed age relaxation of upto 3 years
- Note: Total age relaxation will not be more than 5 years
- There is no upper age limit
- Candidates aspiring for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions must qualify in NET/SLET/SET.
Exemptions for Lecturer Eligibility:
- Ph.D holders are exempted from the NET/SLET/SET eligibility crieteria.
- Candidates who have qualified in the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted from appearing in NET
- Candidates who have qualified in the State Eligibility Test (SET) prior to June 2002 are exempted from NET and can apply across colleges in India.
- Candidates who have appeared in SET after June 2002 can apply only to the universities/ colleges in the state where they have cleared their exam from.
MUST Read: UGC's NET: Only objective papers from 2012
UGC NET 2013 Examination Fees:
- Rs.450 (Rs. 225 for OBC and Rs 110 for SC/ST/PWD)
- Note: Bank Charges extra Rs 20
UGC NET 2013 Application Procedure:
- Click here to apply online
- Candidateshave to register a valid email ID along with their name to register
- Once the Registration is complete, candidates can login using the Email ID and the chosen password.
- They will have to chose the "Apply for UGC NET" link and enter all details and submit them
- A passport (PP) size photograph in JPEG format (size 206 X 240 pixel & less than 300kb) should be uploaded along with the details
- Submit the details and print the generated SBI Bank Challan
- Candidates can pay the examination fees in cash at the nearest branch of SBI using the printed Challan after on day from submission of application and printing Challan.
- Important: Candidates have to note the reference number generated after submission of application form for future reference
Printout of Online Application Form , Attendance Slip and Admission Card :
- The Online Application Form , Attendance Slip and Admission Card can be printed only after the payment status shows "OK".
- Candidates can check for the payment status two days after payment of the exam fees.
- Once the Payment status shows "Ok", candidates can print the Online Application Form , Attendance Slip and Admission Card
- These have to be printed on A4 size sheets
Submission of Printed copy of Application Form:
- Candidates have to send the Printed Application form, Attendance Slip, along with the UGC copy of the SBI challan to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET Coordinating University/College.
- The UGC-NET Coordinating University/College should be the one the candidate has opted for in the application form.
- Candidates applying under reservations have to submit the requisite certificates attested by a Gazetted officer
- Candidate applying for age relaxation must submit attested certificates of educational qualifiations/research experience
- UGC will not accept the application forms under any circumstances.
UGC NET 2013 Important Dates:
- Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee: April 30, 2013
- Last date of Fee submission via SBI Bank Challan: May 2, 2013
- Last date for reprint of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card : May 05, 2013
- Last date for receipt of printout of online Application Form and Attendance Slip at the chosen Coordinating University: May 08, 2013
UGC NET 2013 List of Coordinating Universities: Click here
Help Line No.: 011-24113447
Published On: 23-Jul-2013, 11:10 AM IST