Organization: United States-India Educational Foundation
Scholarship: Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program
Bilingual teachers required: Selected Fulbright FLTA participants from India would be teaching assistants in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi or Urdu classrooms at select US campuses.
Scholarship description: The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program, funded by the US Department of State is a nine-month, non-degree program that provides young college teachers of English or those training to be teachers of English, an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States, while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be citizens of India and hold a valid Indian passport at the time of application.
- Fulbright fellows enter the U.S. on an exchange visitor (J-1) visa and are subject to the two-year home residence requirement associated with J-1 visa.
- Applicants must be residing in India throughout the application, nomination and selection process.Applicants should be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
How to apply:
- Click here to apply online. (Registration will be open soon)
- Application material and program details will be also available at USIEF offices.
Application deadline: September 14, 2012
Click here to view details
United States-India Educational Foundation
12 Hailey Road
New Delhi 110 001
Phone: (91-11) 4209-0909/ 2332-8944