- Sessions begins: September
- Visa cycle: Best to apply for visa 3 months prior to start of semester
- Application begins: February/March
- Last date for submission: Before June
completing her degree from College of Arts, Delhi, Ritika Bose was trying to figure out from which country she should do her PG course in commercial art
. After much deliberation and a chat with consultants, she chose a university in France for her course.
France receives a large number of Indian students who intend to specialise in Art and Design
along with those planning to study Fashion
and Luxury, Management, Social Sciences
and Pure Sciences.
University of Angers
, Grenoble Graduate School of Business
, ESSEC institutes
remain popular choices among the Indian students.
: Career in Textile design
While preparing for the Visa interview, be prepared to answer questions on your study project, research options, their future plans, motivation to choose France and family background. The country gives a six-month extension on student visa to look for a job after completion of course.
- Download the visa application from France VFS website and read the details of photo specifications as well as go through the list of requisite documents.
- The residents of National Capital Territories of Delhi, States of Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and the Union Territory of Chandigarh need to apply for visa at French Embassy office in New Delhi. There are French Consulate offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Puducherry and Banglore for residents of other parts of the country.
- Visa Interview
- Submit your Passport, print out of your CampusFrance ID number, letter of registration from a French Academic Institution, copy of your degrees/diplomas and certificates, proof of financial statements, medical insurance, copy of air ticket/PNR, accommodation proof and visa fees.
- International students of all nationalities residing in France for more than 3 months must obtain a student residency permit.