WHAT IS OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT ?
A programme in operations management focuses on the aspect of planning and managing an efficient system right from the production of goods and services to their ultimate delivery. An operations management student is made to understand the entire cycle of a product and how to streamline it to ensure optimum utilisation of resources. The course teaches students to analyse market trends, influence of industries in different domains, forecast demand and work on inventory management besides understanding policies made by the government. Apart from this, students also gain practical understanding of the various fixed and variable costs involved in the business processes through internships, industrial tours and even projects.Expand
- 3 years Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised institute or university, preferably with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Final year candidates may also apply provided they complete graduation within the stipulated schedule.
SCOPE OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Work as Operations Manager or Operations Executive in private and public sectors.
Operations managers work as policy makers as well as strategy planners of the business.
- Leadership for Policy Managers
- Macroeconomic Environment
- Managing People and Performance in Organisation
- Microeconomic for Policy Analysis
- Operations Research
- Organisational Behaviour
- Production and Operations Management
- Risk Management
- States Market and Globalisation
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Supply Chain Manager
Salary : 2.5 L INR - 3 L INR
Degrees: MBA, PGD, PGP