Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CBEE) 2014
About CBEE 2014 –Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination is a common entrance test which is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University on behalf of the participating Universities for taking admission into M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Agri.)/M.V.SC (Biotechnology) and M. Tech (Biotechnology) programs.
Exam Name – Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination.
Commonly known as – CBEE
Exam type – National
Exam Category – PG
Participating Institutes – 34 Universities across India.
Eligibility Criteria for CBEE 2014
- For M. Sc in Bio Technology: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks.
- For M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology/M.V.Sc: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university.
- For M. Tech in Bio Technology programs at (1) Anna University, Chennai (2) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala and (3) West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata, the eligibility criteria is minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in any one: B. Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Chemistry/ Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Technology, B. Pharmacy, OR M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics.
- § For further information on eligibility criteria for various institutes, refer to the official advertisement here.
Reservation/Concession for CBEE 2014
- 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates respectively. SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University.
- Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri Migrant candidate in the entrance examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
Application procedure for CBEE 2014
- Online application :
- Candidates can apply online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to the official website.
- The user friendly sites will guide the candidate through the whole process of registration in a step by step fashion.
- Offline application :
- Set of application form and prospectus can be obtained through post by sending crossed Bank Draft for notified amount in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi” along with a self addressed (unstamped) envelope of the minimum size of 30 cms x 25 cms.
- Clearly indicating the program of study for which the Application Form is required on the self addressed envelope to the “Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067”.
- § Please do not send your request for set of application form and prospectus through courier. Please note that there shall be no cash counters for sale of set of application forms and prospectus.
Paper pattern for CBEE 2014
- The JNU CBEE entrance exam paper is consisting of two parts for different programs.
- The pattern of the question paper and the number of questions will vary for each course.
- The paper for JNU CBEE exam consists of objective type questions from the relevant subjects.
- There will be negative marking, for each wrong answer ½ (half) mark will be deducted. The test duration is 3 hours.
Important dates and information for CBEE 2014 (tentative)
Start of online application process
1st week of February 2014
Closing of online application process
3rd week of March 2014
Start of issue of offline application forms (by post)
1st week of February 2014
Last date of issue of offline application forms (by post)
2nd week of March 2014
Last date of submission of offline forms/printed online forms to reach JNU, New Delhi
Last week of March 2014
Questions related to JNUEE
what is the syllabus for b tech in electronic and communication engineering for entrance exam for jawaharlal nejhru university
Hello student admission in Jawahar Lal Nehru University for electronics and communication B.tech course is through Jee main paper 1 entrance examination and the syllabus for Jee main paper 1 entrance examination is the whole syllabus of physics chemistry and mathematics of class 11 and 12.
Eligibility - candidates must passed or appearing class appearing class 12 with physics chemistry and mathematics with minimum 75 percent marks aggregate from a recognized board.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.careers360.com/university/jawaharlal-nehru-university-new-delhi/amp
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
jnuee exam which standard students can aaply
There are a lot of courses offered by JNU.The eligibility criteria is different for different courses.To appear for JNUEE the candidates should meet the eligibility criteria mentioned for the particular course.For BA Hons courses the eligibility criteria is to have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks.Visit the link below to know more about the eligibility criteria for various courses : https://university.careers360.com/articles/jnu-eligibility-criteria
Eligibility criteria for JNUEE examination
The Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE) is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the university. The university offers a wide range of courses and the eligibility criteria differs for each course. You are kindly requested to check the eligibility criteria for various courses in the given link:
can i opt for bsc after my 12th class ?
Doing bsc after 12th boards is good decision but it has to be bold enough as you must have a keen interest in the core subjects like physics , chemistry, etc . It must also be clear that scope and opportunities in this field are also wide spread . At last I will tell you that you can surely opt for this field .
I cant get MA/MSC Mathematics syllabus and also cant get question papers,please help me!!
jnu pg entrance test will be an mcq tyoe entrance test, duration will be 4 hours,
JNU paper for M.Sc. entrance paper has two parts.
The first part has questions from Science and Mathematics (based on 10+2)
Second part of JNU paper for MSc. courses carries questions from Physics, Botany, Geology, Zoology, Chemistry and Mathematics of B.Sc. level.
so you need to study throughly you ug courses questions related with your msc streams,
some of the books you should follow,
A Complete Resource Manual M.Sc Mathematics Entrance examination by suraj singh , rashmi gupta
IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) 2020 - Mathematics by gkp publications.