- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5.5 Years
- Offered by: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery (BAMS) graduate degree awarded after the study of five and a half years duration, including one-year compulsory internship, the course offered by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Students seeking admission to the first year BAMS degree must have passed the two year PUC examination of the PUC Board, Bangalore or any other examination considered equivalent thereto by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional and with a practical examination in each subject with minimum 50% marks in these subjects.
- A candidate who has passed the Pre-professional examination in Medicine conducted by any other recognized university shall also be eligible for admission. Subjects studied in the occasional course will not be considered.
- The graduate with Chemistry, Botany and Zoology is eligible for admission provided he/she produces a certificate of having passed an examination in Physics, the syllabus of which is equivalent to that of the two year Pre- University Course in Karnataka.
- In the case of a candidate who has taken Zoology and Botany as separate subjects, the marks in those subjects at the degree level will be considered as Biology marks.
- A candidate who fulfils any one of the above requirements must have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate in the science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) at the qualifying examination or at a higher (University) examination.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed 17 years of age as on 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
- Students who have passed an examination other than Pre - University, (Bangalore), should submit Eligibility Certificate before admission issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.