B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry
Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram
(Also known as: GEC Barton Hill)
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry is a full-time 3-years duration course Affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram and Approved by AICTE.
- For Admission: All admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on an objective type test conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned. Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 years.
- Non-Keralities are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the private self-financing institutions and non-govt. seats in the govt. controlled self-financing institutions.
- For Writing the Entrance Test: Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution are eligible.
- All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma Exam are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of admission.
- Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester of the B.Tech Courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering.
- Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Govt. of Kerala as per for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. AICTE has suggested a state level Entrance Exam for the selection.