|01 Jan, 2019 - 15 Mar, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 1 Year
- Offered by: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Master of Philosophy in Management is a full-time program that offers a stimulating environment to the students towards the creation and advancement of management knowledge and practices through scholarly research. The programs have been designed to ensure that students acquire advanced knowledge of literature and theory in their area of specialization and related interdisciplinary areas. The programme further attempts to equip scholars with relevant tools and techniques of research so that they can identify and study intricate issues in various domains of management. The course curriculum in place helps the students to gain adequate expertise as scholars and academicians.
Duration - The minimum duration of the programs is 12 months. The maximum time allowable to complete the programme is of 24 months.
The specializations offered for these programs are as under:
Accounting, Finance, and Economics
OB, HR and International Management
Operations, Information System and Marketing
All shortlisted candidates will have to undergo an entrance test conducted by the School as detailed below:
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT).
- Writing Ability Test Test (WAT).
- However, UGC/CSIR (NET/JRF) qualified candidates are exempt from the Research Aptitude Test.
- Interview Process (60% Marks).
- Note: The candidates who score at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) marks in the entrance test as mentioned above and qualify the interview shall be considered for the final selection. The final Merit list for admission to the M.Phil. a program shall be prepared based on the total marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test and interview.
- A post-graduate degree or equivalent (with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate)
- A Professional qualification (with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate) or qualified CA / ICWA / CS/CFA
- A four-year professional degree (BE/B. Tech degree or equivalent) with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10 point scale or 80% marks in aggregate). Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale, or in marks to 65%, for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for these candidates who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought. These candidates have to take additional master level courses of 06 credits which they select from the courses offered in Year 1 of MBA Program.