- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Information Technology is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata.
Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in the regular class mode with:
- Individual pass marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and
- Minimum of 45% marks in the above subjects taken together (40% for SC/ST/ PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates), as well as pass in English with a minimum of 30% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the, said qualifying examination.
Lateral Entry Student
- Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and B.Sc. Degree holders have to pass B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after offering the supernumerary seats in this category to the students belonging to the Diploma Stream. Diploma holders and B.Sc. Degree holders having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.