- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in Law shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned offered by Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- An Entrance Test shall be conducted with minimum qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific.
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University when
- the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee. The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether: (a) the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research; (b) the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College; (c) the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy Layer) and Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991].
- Possesses a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution or from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Regular employees of Karnavati University are eligible for “In service” Ph.D. programs in their respective faculty provided they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil / Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations 2016.