Stay up-to date with GMAT News
About GMAT 2023
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the entrance exam conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) for MBA admissions in many countries around the world. The GMAT official website is www.mba.com/exams. The GMAT exam is computer-based and is a multiple-choice test. Students who wish to pursue MBA or PGDM abroad are required to take the GMAT exam whose scores are used for selection purposes. GMAT scores are the basis of MBA admissions in all the participating countries worldwide and many top institutions in India as well. The GMAT exam is designed to test the skills of candidates that are most important for a management program.
What is the GMAT exam?
Many B-Schools abroad use the GMAT scores for their MBA admissions. The GMAT exam is conducted throughout the year as well as on-demand in specific test centers around the world. GMAT is also offered online. The GMAT exam fees vary from country to country and students applying for the exam must check the fee applicable in their country.
The GMAT exam is designed to test the high-order reasoning capacities of every applicant. The test comprises 4 sections and requires basic English and math skills from the applicants. The exam will assess your ability to think critically, analyze and infer information and solve problems. The GMAT syllabus includes topics that involve Integrated Reasoning, complex judgments and critical thinking, and analytical skills. GMAT exam 2023 will have four timed sections. Each is separately timed with two optional eight-minute breaks.
Fast facts about the GMAT exam:
|GMAT full Form||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Official website of GMAT exam||www.mba.com/exams|
|No of applicants||More than 200,000 students from across the world|
|Number of Programs||7,000 plus MBA and Masters programs|
GMAT exam 2023 - mode of exam
In view of COVID-19 pandemic, GMAC is offering the option of GMAT exam online or at a test center. The change is only in mode of exam while other details related to GMAT exam will remain the same. GMAT exam online is not available in Mainland China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Sudan due to regulatory and local data privacy rules.
GMAT is a computer adaptive test that is 3 hours and 30 minutes in duration. It comprises 4 sections for evaluation. The sections in GMAT exam are Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing. You are advised to go about your GMAT preparation accordingly.
The Quantitative Reasoning section tests math skills and numerical literacy.
The Verbal Reasoning section tests the reading comprehension skills and understanding of written arguments.
The Integrated reasoning section tests the data analysis and interpretation skills.
The Analytical Writing section measures critical thinking and communication skills.
GMAT 2023 will have a total of 80 scored questions. Questions asked in GMAT 2023 will be both objective and subjective in nature. GMAT scores are valid for a period of five years from the date of the examination and are available for reporting for up to 10 years.
GMAT 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||GMAT|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
GMAT Exam is conducted the world over by Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC). There is no partiality based on nationality, religion, sex, background, history, etc. The GMAT eligibility criteria are based on the following: -
Valid Passport - Candidates must hold a valid passport at the time of the GMAT exam.
Age- A candidate must be 18 years and above to appear for the GMAT exam. If a candidate is under 18, he/she has to submit written proof from parents/guardians to appear for the GMAT exam. There is no upper age limit for the GMAT exam.
Qualification - A candidate with a bachelor's degree from a recognized institute can appear for the GMAT exam. Students in the final year of under graduation or working professionals can write the exam.
Language Requirements - The GMAT exam is conducted in English, so one must know English to understand the questions. However, it is not compulsory to have it as a medium of instruction in school/college studies.
Attempts - A candidate can give a maximum of five attempts in a year with a gap of 16 days between each attempt. In a lifetime, one can not take more than 8 attempts.
How many attempts are allowed for GMAT exam 2023?
Candidates are allowed to retake the GMAT exam a maximum of 5 times a year. The maximum number of attempts allowed for any candidate in a lifetime is 8 times. However, there must be a gap of 16 days before retaking the GMAT exam.
GMAT eligibility criteria- institute specific
It is important that candidates make the list of institutes they are interested in applying to and then check the GMAT eligibility criteria for each. Qualifying for the GMAT exam is just one step in the MBA admission process.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
Registrations for the GMAT exam 2023 are open. The GMAT exam is conducted throughout the year. GMAT registration can be done six months before the preferred date.
Steps for the registration of the GMAT exam
- Create a GMAT Profile.
- Enter Personal Information, Profile Details and verify your profile.
- Schedule Your GMAT exam (select test date and centre).
- Confirm GMAT exam 2023 details.
- Pay GMAT exam fees.
- A confirmation is received via email after completion of GMAT registration.
Verify that name, date of birth, location of citizenship, and gender match the details in the identification proof presented on the GMAT exam day.
The next step is to select the schools receiving the GMAT scores (max 5 programmes).
Review the confirmation letter for the GMAT exam to check whether the details are correct.
Note: Candidates can do registration for the GMAT exam online/ by phone/ postal mail, or by fax and pay by credit card or debit card, check, or money order.
GMAT registration through phone: To register by phone, candidates need to call the GMAT customer service in their region. There will be an additional service fee of US$10.
India Phone- 0120 4397830 (Monday to Friday- 9 am to 6 pm)
Steps for GMAT registration by post
- Complete the application form on the mba.com
- Download and mail the application form along with the fee payment information.
- For doing the postal registration, candidates need to pay the fee by cheque or money order.
GMAT exam registration fees 2023
- Online GMAT exam fee payable is US$ 275.
- GMAT registration via phone: US$ 275 + US$10 for customer service charges.
- GMAT exam postal registration fee to be paid via cheque or money order.
How to reschedule the registration of the GMAT exam?
Candidates can reschedule the exam online or by phone.
- To reschedule the registration of the GMAT exam 2023, candidates should log in to the GMAT website and click on “Reschedule your GMAT Exam”.
- If the candidate reschedules the exam over the phone, there will be an additional service fee of US$10.
- If the new date is more than 7 days ahead of the initial picked date then they need to pay US$50 as a rescheduling fee.
How to cancel the GMAT test?
- Canceling the GMAT exam can be done online or by phone. GMAT exam cancellation fee: US$150.
- If GMAT exam cancellation is to be done online, candidates should log in to the main website and click on “Cancel GMAT Exam”.
- If the candidate cancels the exam over the phone, there will be an additional service fee of US$10.
GMAT exam registration - key points
- To get the preferred exam date, candidates need to start the process of GMAT exam registration well in advance.
- The candidate should decide on the GMAT exam date as per the application deadlines of the institutes he/she plans to be admitted.
- The candidate must have all the required information, credit/debit card, and identification details while filling out the application form.
- After completing the registration for the GMAT exam, they must also verify all details to ensure that the details mentioned in the GMAT account are correct.
Analytical writing assessment (AWA)
To achieve the desired score in the GMAT exam, devising the right GMAT preparation strategy is very crucial. The correct GMAT preparation strategy will help a student achieve his/her goals. Some of the preparation tips that one must follow are
1. Understand the GMAT exam structure
GMAT is a ‘computer adaptive test’ that adapts to the candidate’s ability in real-time by selecting questions based on the responses provided by them. Therefore, it is important to understand the exam pattern, syllabus, marking system, topic-wise weightage, and types of questions in the paper. Candidates must read them in detail to build a proper exam strategy.
2. Refer to the GMAT syllabus
Topics to cover and study come from the syllabus of GMAT. Hence its important to refer to the prescribed syllabus and understand what to study.
3. Collect the best resources
Gather GMAT preparation material that is in sync with the GMAT previous year's question papers to understand important topics. The sample question papers you collect should cover all levels like easy, moderate, and difficult.
4. Targeted study
Keep time targets in terms of course completion, revision, and practice of questions. It will improve performance, overall speed, and accuracy. If a section is allotted 30 minutes, try to cover it five minutes early.
5. Practice regularly
GMAT preparation requires a lot of practice to improve the time speed, accuracy, and score range. Practicing topics, especially weak ones, will give the candidate confidence in the exam hall and save him/her from the anxiety of exam pressure. Practice questions section-wise, topic wise, and try to give full-length question papers at regular intervals.
6. GMAT diagnostic tests
These are designed like actual GMAT exams. The questions asked are similar to the questions asked in the main exam. By giving these tests, a candidate will come to know where he/she stands in the preparation, what are the weaknesses and strengths areas. They will also help in expanding knowledge as they come with detailed solution analysis, different methods to solve the questions, and percentile evaluation.
For a candidate who is appearing for GMAT exam 2023, it is vital to know the GMAT exam pattern. GMAT exam is computer based with 80 questions across four sections. Candidates equipped to know what type of questions, marking scheme, duration and such factors can prepare better. The GMAT exam pattern 2023 is given below.
GMAT exam pattern 2023
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
|Types of Tests available||Online and at test centre|
|Duration||3 hours and 7 minutes|
|No of questions||80 questions|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice objective|
|Type of Test||Computer adaptive|
Detailed GMAT 2023 exam pattern
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
|Verbal Reasoning||36 questions||Critical Reasoning |
|Quantitative Reasoning||31 questions||Problem Solving |
|Table Analysis |
|Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)|
1 Topic (Essay)
|Analysis of argument||30 minutes|
|Total||80 questions||3 hours and 7 minutes|
Options for the GMAT exam's section order
Candidates are allowed the flexibility to choose the order of the sections they would attempt in the GMAT exam 2023. However, three pre-defined options candidates can choose from the GMAT exam pattern are:
- Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal
- Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
- Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
GMAT 2023 Mock Test
Practice is very important to ace any exam, GMAT exam not being an exception. Candidates who are appearing for the exam will need to not just study but put it to practice. The best way to go about it is to use the official mock tests as well as the ones available on the internet.
GMAT Practice Exams
1. GMAC allows all students a free official starter kit along with 2 practice exams for GMAT 2023. The kit contains a sampler of 90 questions from past GMAT exams along with the practice tests. These tests are based on the actual format and help candidates match the difficulty levels and manage their pace just like in the actual GMAT 2023 exam.
Click here to avail the GMAT™ Official Starter Kit + Practice Exams 1 & 2 (Free).
GMAT 2023 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid government issued passport
Candidates who appear for GMAT exam 2023 can avail their scores immediately after completion of the test. The GMAT score is issued in the form of a report that includes the scores obtained in Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and the total scores.
Official GMAT score 2023 will be available to candidates within five to 20 days. In most cases, the GMAT score is released within five to seven days, but it may take up to 20 days to fully process any request, the same as if candidates accepted their scores on test day.
Candidates will be issued the official GMAT score report within 20 days from the GMAT exam day. GMAT scores are calculated on a 200-800 point scale with 10-point increments. The total GMAT exam score will comprise the cumulative scaled scores of the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning sections. The Integrated Reasoning and the Analytical Writing Assessment scores are calculated and reported separately on the GMAT score report 2023. The GMAT scores chart is given below.
GMAT score chart 2023
|Verbal Reasoning||6 - 51|
|Quantitative Reasoning||6 - 51|
|Integrated Reasoning||1 - 8|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||0 - 6|
What after the GMAT exam 2023?
Candidates have the following options after they complete their GMAT exam.
1. Pick the unofficial GMAT score report 2023: Candidates who have accepted their GMAT scores may pick a printed copy of their unofficial GMAT score report at the exam centre.
2. Cancel the GMAT score 2023: Candidates have the option to cancel their GMAT scores up to 72 hours after the completion of the GAMT exam 2023. This is for candidates who have accepted their GMAT scores 2023 at the test centre after completion of the test. The cancellation of the GMAT scores can be done online. Candidates are advised that the option to cancel the GAMT exam 2023 may take up to 24 hours to be visible depending on the location of the test centre.
3. Reinstate GMAT score: This option is for students who have previously cancelled their GMAT scores. To reinstate the previously cancelled GMAT scores, candidates need to login, follow the instructions and pay the requisite fee.
- Candidates can request rescoring service for their Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) section in the GMAT exam.
- Rescoring facility is not open for the Verbal, Quantitative, or IR Prep sections of the GMAT 2023 exam.
- Candidates can also request rescoring of their AWA essay by an independent human reader for a specified fee.
- Requests for rescoring must be made within 6 months of the GMAT test date.
- Candidates have to pay extra fees for this facility.
Sending GMAT score reports to B schools
Once the exam is complete, candidates may need to send their GMAT scores to the chosen BSchools. GMAT Score Reports (copies of essays and a digital photograph) are released to schools. This is at the specific request of the candidates. Scores are sent only if a designated graduate management program has elected to receive them. Candidates may instruct the same when they take the test. They may also request an Additional Score Report (ASR).
GMAC can also share this information with their subsidiaries and third-party partners for research purposes, as well as others as provided in the Privacy Statement on mba.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Is GMAT a tough exam?
GMAT is a tough exam and it requires the right strategy and hard work to score 700+. Its computer-adaptive nature, timing pressure, exam format are some reasons which make the exam hard.
Question:How to prepare for GMAT in 2023?
Students should follow the right resources, learn time management, devise an effective study plan, do lot of practice questions and mock tests to achieve the maximum score.
Question:What is a good GMAT Score?
A 720+ score is a good score in GMAT. It also depends upon the institute you are applying to.
Question:When should I give GMAT exam?
Try to give the exam at least 6-7 months before the college application starts. This way you will have buffer time to re-appear for the test if you received a poor score in the first attempt.
Question:What are the documents one has to carry to the GMAT test center?
Candidates will have to carry a valid passport and the appointment confirmation letter received at the time of registration to the test center.
Question:Will business schools be able to see my previous GMAT scores?
Yes, they can look at the scores of GMAT exams you have given in the last five years. Your score report will contain scores of each GMAT exam you have given in the past five years.
Question:Which sections of the GMAT can the candidate request to rescore?
Candidates can request to re-score only the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) section.
Question:How long is the GMAT score valid?
Business schools will consider GMAT scores that are up to five years old.
Question:If I take the GMAT more than once, which test score will be considered by the universities I apply to?
Most business schools will consider your best score. If you have taken the GMAT multiple times, you can opt for including your best score in your university applications.
Question:What is the registration cost of the GMAT exam?
The registration fee for the GMAT exam is 250 US dollars.
Questions related to GMAT
which top colleges accept scores of exams snap, nmat, cat, mat, cmat, GMAT? also what are the eligibility criteria for GMAT exam and also which top colleges accept GMAT score and micat exam is conducted for which top colleges except mica
GMAT is graduate management admission test which is conducted by GMAC for admission of MBA in many countries, the eligibility criteria regarding this is as follows;
Candidates needs to be 18 years old or above,
Pass bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, those in the final year or working professionals too are eligible to apply,
Should have a valid passport,
As the exam is conducted in English, hence proficiency in the same language is required as well,
Candidate can take maximum of five attempts in a year, and overall 8 attempts for lifetime, and there has to be a gap of 16 days prior to retaking the exam,
Colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are as follows;
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI New Delhi
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM) Goa
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- BIMTECH Greater Noida
- MICA Ahmedabad
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- SOIL-School of Business Design, Gurgaon
explore more detailed information about GMAT at https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
check out the entire list of colleges in India accepting GMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-gmat?icn=college_listing_accepting_score&ici=GMAT_exam_view
SNAP is conducted for 60 minutes in MCQs format, each question consists of one mark, there is deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt, the following sections are included in the entrance test:-
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
The colleges accepting scores of SNAP are listed below;
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Rangareddy,
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dera Bassi
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik,
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research Pune,
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Pune,
- Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences, Indore,
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Lavale,
- Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management, Lavale
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management,, Nagpur
- Om Bio Science and Management College, Haridwar Roorkee
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-snap to know more details regarding this.
CMAT is conducted for 180 minutes, and additional 30 minutes is allotted for optional section, there are total of five sections(one is optional) and each one consists of 25 questions for 100 marks as mentioned below-
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Language comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (optional)
for each correct answer four marks are awarded and in case of each incorrect attempt one mark is deduced,
The selection process mainly consists of three rounds:-
Written Ability Test,
Group Discussion, and
Some of the top colleges offering admission for MBA Programme through CMAT are mentioned below-
- JBIMS, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Explore more detailed information about the complete list of colleges offering MBA through CMAT at https://bschool.careers360.com/articles/top-b-schools-accepting-cmat-scores
The list of colleges accepting scores of NMAT are as follows;
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- School of Business Management SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- VIT Business School Vellore,
- IBS Business School Hyderabad,
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School Hyderabad,
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai,
- Amity Business School Noida,
- Goa Institute of Management Poriem,
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- ISBR Business School Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Hyderabad,
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
- Centre for Management Studies, Jain University, Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat,
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Chitkara Business School, Patiala
- Woxsen University Hyderabad - Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad,
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar
- Amity University, Noida
- School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
check out our page at https://bschool.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-mba-colleges-in-india-accepting-nmat-by-gmac to know more details regarding this.
Do we have any fees concessions in Mba by clearing exams like CAT, GMAT ETC
No. We don't get any fees concessions by clearing these entrance exams. Although if you have scored extremely well both in your entrance exams as well in your undergraduate, then you might get a scholarships from the universities. You can also apply for other outer scholarships that are given to the students that have good scores and talent.
I have a percentage of 60% in 10 th grade and percentage of 90% in 12th grade can I get into Harvard University with these scores and qualifying these international examination IELTS GRE TOFEL GMAT SAT ACT ETC.OR IS THERE NO RELATION WITH MY 10th and 12th PERCENTAGE OR DOES IT DEPENDS ON SAT ACT.
Foreign universities like harvard dont give admission only on based of academics score , academics score matters no doubt but only upto level . Things which are considered mainly are extracircular activities ,STATEMENT OF PURPOSE(what you will to their university and country), Letter of recommendation and yes good band in proficiency test like ILETS . Harvard universities is very top notch and competition is very high , thats y make other backups too.
What is a safe gmat score to get into MICA?
Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad offers admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) course on the basis of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and MICAT score along with GEPI. The cut off varies every year. However, a score above 700 in GMAT is a safe score for getting into MICA. For more details you can visit the link below:
im in 1st year bba . how can i start my prepartion for cat and gmat togethen ?? when should i start , how should i aproach, and most importantly how do prepare for both at the same time ?? what should i do and dont
see to prepare a competitive exam you must be really dedicated and must have a decent routine to maintain your work. however besides your bachelors course and college curriculum you may only invested 3-4 hours a day to prepare for exams like CAT, mat cmat etc. however the syllabus for each of the exams is quite similar to the syllabus but I would suggest you to focus on CAT, since cat score is accepted in most of the Indian Institute. first of all go through the sample syllabus and some of the previous years papers. questions makes from english, logical and quantitative aptitude, reasoning. so you have to prepare the all the sections since sectional cutoff is required for college admission. so from now on dont make tension and try to relax and focus on your studies. another main thing is you have to practice mock questions. now a days various online platform available where you may purchase and give free test.
hope it would help.