About ITCAT 2020
Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) conducts IIITM-K PG 2020 written test for admission to MSc programmes. The number of courses offered by the institute is four, such as Cyber security, Machine intelligence, Data analytics, and Geospatial analytics. IIITM-K PG application form 2020 will be released in the online mode on March 1. IIITM-K PG 2020 admit card will be released on June 6. Candidates will have to log in their account to download their admit cards. IIITM-K common admission test 2020 will be conducted on June 13. Exam authorities will prepare an IIITM-K PG merit list based on candidates’ performance in the written test. The result of the IIITM-K PG written test will be declared in online mode. The classes will commence tentatively from the second week of July 2020.
ITCAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||IIITM-K Common Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||ITCAT|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour|
ITCAT 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
18 Jun, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
06 Jun, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
01 Mar, 2020 - 22 May, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
ITCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to get admission to any of the following four MSc programmes- Cyber Security, Machine Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Geospatial Analytics offered by IIITM-K must ensure that they fulfil the programme-specific criteria given in the table below.
Eligibility criteria of IIITK-K PG
Students must have passed Bachelor’s degree securing minimum 60 percent OR have got a minimum CPI/CGPA of 6.5 in a 10 point scale in any branch of Engineering / Technology / Science with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60 percentage marks OR have secured a minimum CPI/CGPA of 6.5 in a 10 point scale in any branch of Engineering / Technology / Science with Mathematics as a compulsory subject OR Graduation / Specialization in GeoSciences
ITCAT 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
The IIITM-K PG application form will be available in online mode from March 1. Candidates will need a valid email id and mobile number to register. The steps to fill the IIITM-K PG 2020 application is given below:
- Registration: Aspirants have to enter their name, email id and mobile number to register themselves for admission
- Log-in to application portal: After successful registration, username and password are sent to candidate’s registered email id. Candidates have to log-in using these details. Upon logging in, candidates will be given an option to change the password.
- Fill the personal details: Candidates have to fill personal details, such as name, date of birth, and category, including domicile and communication details.
- Uploading of scanned documents: Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of passport size photograph in jpeg, jpg, or png format. The file size should not be more than 500 kb.
- Filling of educational and option details: Candidates have to enter their education details, such as university, subject passed, percentage /CGPA etc. If candidates have a valid GATE score, they have to fill the related details. Candidates then have to check the course of study.
- Select test centre: A maximum of three centres are allowed to opt.
- Payment of application fee: Candidates have to pay the fee of Rs. 500 to complete the application process. The payment can be done online using net banking, debit or credit cards. The payment can also be made offline using SBI challan.
|General, OBC, ST, SC||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 500|
ITCAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The written test of IIITM-K PG is of one hour and comprises objective type questions. The question paper includes five parts and a total of 60 questions with a duration of 60 minutes.
Exam pattern of IIITM-K PG
|IV||General Science and engineering|
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks.
- For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Zero marks for unattended questions.
ITCAT 2020 Admit Card
The exam conducting authority will issue the hall ticket of IIITM-K PG 2020 in online mode on June 6. To download the IIITM-K PG hall ticket, candidates will have to log in to their accounts. Hall tickets will not be sent to aspirants either by post or courier. Candidates will be notified about the availability of admit cards through emails.
ITCAT 2020 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
ITCAT 2020 Result
IIITM-K PG 2020 result will be declared online on June 18. Rank lists of IIITM-K PG will also be released, along with the result. Based on candidates’ performance in IIITM-K PG 2020, merit list will be prepared and shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling.
In the case of GATE qualified candidates, a separate IIITM-K PG merit list will be prepared.
ITCAT 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates who will be shortlisted for counselling will have to attend IIITM-K PG 2020 counselling in person. At the time of IIITM-K PG 2020 counselling, candidates will have to submit their original and photocopies of certificates for verification.
IIIM-K PG 2020 seat allotment will be based on candidates’ merit rank. After seat allotment, candidates will have to pay the prescribed admission fees to confirm their seats.
ITCAT 2020 Selection Process
Candidates with valid GATE get direct admission and they will not have to take the entrance exam. Candidates without GATE have to appear in the exam. Aspirants with a rank in CAT conducted by CUSAT are also eligible for direct admission and are required to appear in the test.
Admission to MSc programmes is based on the IIITM-K Common Admission Test (ITCAT) / valid GATE score.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Degree certificate
- Mark sheets of the degree (all semesters)
- Birth certificate or class 10 certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Caste certificate if applicable
- IIITM-K PG admit card
- GATE score card if applicable
- Any other certificate deemed necessary by the institute
Questions related to ITCAT
Hey,i am studied Bsc Mathematicts from Amrita School of Arts and Science,Kochi,but now i have 2 supply,so can i apply for ITCAT entrance exam..
Yes , you can apply for ITCAT entrance eaxm. Indian Institute Of Technology and Management conducts written test for admission in Various M.Sc programs.
For more information you can refer to the link below :
Hope it helps :)
how to prepare for ITCAT Exam?
Before commencing the preparation for any exam it is necessary to know the exam pattern. ITCAT exam consists of five parts: Computer Science, GK, Aptitude, General Science and Engineering and Mathematics. After this the next step should be to know the syllabus for all the parts mentioned above. Divide your time schedule such that each part get its due focus. After covering the syllabus look out for any online test series and if you are not able to find them then look for previous year papers and try to solve them with in the actual exam's time duration. This will help you introspect your learning graph and time management skills.
All the best!
I got a rank of 22 for MCA in Cusat CAT 2019. So should I write the ITCAT for MSc Computer science?
Hello Liza, you have pretty good rank in CUSAT CAT 2019. According to me you should write the ITCAT for msc computer science as it will open more ways fot you in coming future. Well with that much rank your future is already in a stable position. HOpe this helps!!
previous year model paper for iiitmk exam
http://www.indiaeducation.net/iiit/hyderabad/model-papers.aspx go through this link so you can find