- MCAER PG CET Exam
Stay up-to date with MCAER PG CET News
About MCAER PG CET 2021
The Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER) Pune has released the MCAER application form 2021 on May 20. Candidates can fill the MCAER 2021 application form till June 25. After the application process, candidates can download the MCAER admit card 2021 from August 18 using their application number and selected subject. The Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER) will hold its common entrance test (CET) from August 28 to 31 for candidates seeking admission to various postgraduate courses offered by the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) across Maharashtra. The MCAER PGCET will be conducted for two hours in offline mode with 200 objective-type questions. The university grants admission based on the merit formulated by considering weightage of 70 per cent secured by candidates in the entrance test and 30 per cent of their CGPA.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research PG Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||MCAER PG CET|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER) Pune|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||800 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
28 Aug, 2021 - 31 Aug, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
18 Aug, 2021 - 31 Aug, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
10 Sep, 2021
Answer Key | Mode: Online
15 Sep, 2021
Result | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
15 Jul, 2021
Final list of eligible candidates | Mode: Online
20 May, 2021 - 25 Jun, 2021
Application | Mode: Online
MCAER PG CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The university has released the MCAER PG CET eligibility criteria 2021 along with official brochure in online mode. Candidates applying for MCAER PG CET exam should check the eligibility laid down by the university. Only those candidates who meet the MCAER PG CET 2021 eligibility criteria can fill the application form. The eligibility criteria required to appear for MCAER PG CET exam is given below.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in science with at least 55 credits from a recognised college/university. The graduate programme should be for two years with four semesters (full-time).
Those students who attended the final degree examination for the academic year 2020-2021 are considered eligible to sit for the MCAER PG CET 2021.
Applicants can appear for as many common entrance tests as per their eligibility for admission to a postgraduate programme. For example, a student of B.Sc. (Agricultural Biotechnology) can appear for entrance exams pertaining to M.Sc. (Agricultural Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Agriculture) and M.B.A. (Agriculture). However, they need to submit only one application form (a printout of online application) along with one challan common towards examination fees.
Candidates have to add the multiple amount for multiple courses. In such cases, the aspirant will have to indicate other/additional options of subject streams (as per eligibility) in which the entrance test is to be appeared.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
The application form of MCAER PG CET 2021 has been released on May 20 in online mode. Aspirants have to fill and submit the MCAER PG CET application form 2021 before June 25. Candidates must make sure that all the details mentioned in the MCAER PG CET 2021 application form is correct. If candidates have entered any wrong detail in the MCAER PG CET application form 2021 they will lose their authority to claim the refund of examination fees. The candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of the printout of their online MCAER PG CET 2021 application form for future references.
How to fill the MCAER PG CET application form 2021?
Before filling the MCAER PG CET 2021 application form, candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria to appear for the postgraduate examination.
- Visit the official website - mcaer.org.
- Click on the 'Recent News' tab. Then, press the 'Online Application for PG CET 2021' button.
- Now, candidates need to register themselves by submitting their email id and mobile number.
- After registration, candidates have fill the application form by entering their correct academic and professional details.
- Here, candidates need to upload their scanned photograph and signature (size of photograph and signature must not be greater than 35KB and 30KB, respectively).
- Candidates can edit their application form, before clicking on the 'Submit' button.
- After submitting the form, candidates need to print out a copy of the acknowledgement.
Payment of MCAER PG CET 2021 application fee
- Applicants are required to pay the application fee via online payment facility using State Bank of India collect link which will be provided on the official web after one working day of filling the online MCAER PG CET 2021 application form.
- Payment can also be made through various online payment options.
- Candidates should note that applicable bank charges plus taxes if any will be recovered at the time of the payment.
MCAER PG CET Application Fee 2021
|General/Open Category||Rs. 600/- per test|
|Reserved Category||Rs. 300/- per test|
|Candidates from other states||Rs. 600/- per test|
|General||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 800|
|SC, OBC, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 600|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the entrance test must check the MCAER PG CET exam pattern 2021. Candidates will find details about the structure and mechanism of the test in the MCAER PG CET 2021 exam pattern. As per the exam pattern of MCAER PG CET 2021, the entrance test is conducted in offline mode (paper-based test). The responses have to filled in the OMR sheet which consists of 200 objective-type questions to be answered in 120 minutes (2 hours). Candidates are not given any choice or option for questions, i.e. all questions must be answered.
Highlights of MCAER PG CET Exam Pattern 2021
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Number of questions||200|
|Total duration||120 minutes|
|Score pattern||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Answer sheet format||OMR sheet|
|Type of pen to be used||Black ink ballpoint pen only |
MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card
The university will release the MCAER PG CET 2021 admit card on August 18 in online mode. Only those candidates whose application form has been accepted can download the MCAER PG CET admit card 2021. Candidates have to use their login credentials to download the MCAER PG CET 2021 admit card. The admit card of MCAER PG CET 2021 will only be available on the official website of the university. Candidates will find various key details such as their name, category, exam date and time, venue and name of the exam centre. In case of any discrepancy in the MCAER PG CET admit card 2021, candidates are advised to contact the university officials immediately.
How to download the MCAER PG CET Admit Card 2021?
- Visit the official website of the university and then click on the 'admit card' link.
- Enter the application number and select the subject in login portal.
- Candidates must bring their MCAER PG CET 2021 admit card with themselves on the exam day.
- Candidates will not be allowed to attend the entrance exam without the admit card.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Photo identity proof
MCAER PG CET 2021 Answer Key
The Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER) Pune will release the MCAER PG CET answer key 2021 on September 10 in online mode. The MCAER PG CET 2021 answer key will be released in PDF format. Candidates can check the MCAER PG CET answer key 2021 by visiting the official website of the university. Using MCAER PG CET 2021 answer key, candidates can get an idea of what marks they have scored in the entrance exam. If there is any discrepancy in the MCAER PG CET answer key 2021, candidates can challenge the answer key within the stipulated time set by the university. If the objections raised by the candidates is found to be true then university will release a final answer key.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Result
The MCAER result 2021 will be released on September 15, in online mode. The result of MCAER PG CET 2021 is released in the form of merit list in the PDF format. Candidates who appeared for the entrance exam can check and download the MCAER PG CET 2021 result by visiting the official website of the university. The university will also release the scorecard along with the MCAER PG CET result 2021.
How to verify the MCAER PG CET 2021 result?
Verification of marks obtained is permitted on applying for the same in writing within seven (7) days from the date of declaration of the result along with a demand draft for Rs.300/- drawn in the name of 'Controller, MAUEB, Pune, payable at Pune'.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
The final selection is done on the basis of the merit formulated by considering weightage of 70 percent of the MCAER PG CET 2021 score and 30 percent of the CGPA of candidates pertaining to their past academic result.
Other weightages, if any and the reservation policy will be followed as per guidelines of the State Government. The minimum MCAER cutoff 2020 will be of 55 percent (fifty-five) of total merit for post graduation admission.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Mark sheet and certificate of class X
- Mark sheet and certificate of class XII
- Graduation mark sheet and certificate
- Admit card
- Score card
Questions related to MCAER PG CET
mcaer PG cet where I get previous year question papers
You can have previous year question papers of MCAER PG CET exam from two options, one is that you can visit the official website and can have question papers from it and another option is that you can type some related keywords on Google the very first link will definitely give the best result.
Best of luck.
NON ICAR STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR MCAER PG CET 2020
To get junior research fellowship and senior research fellowship the recognition of college by the ICAR is a criteria.
Any candidate who wants to secure admission in any course offered at State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) in Maharashtra need to appear for MCAER CET exam. Candidates cannot secure admission in any PG level course offered at SAUs if they do not have a valid MCAER CET score/ rank.
syllabus for abm through mcaer
I would like to tell you syllabus for MCAER.
For Agronomy you'll have to study following things-
- Principles of Agronomy
- Practical Crop Production (I) (Kharif Crops)
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Field Crops-(II) (Rabi Crops)
- Introductory Agriculture
- Practical Crop Production (II) (Rabi Crops)
- Water Management including Micro-irrigation
- Weed Management
- Field Crops (I) (Kharif Crops)
- Farming Systems and Sustainable Agriculture
For Pathology you'll need to study following-
- Introductory Plant Pathology
- Diseases of Field Crops and their Management
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Diseases of Horticultural Crops and their Management
- Principles of Plant Pathology
For Botany following subjects important to study
- Environmental Science
- Breeding of field and Horticultural Crops
- Principles of genetics
- Principles of Seed Technology
- Crop Physiology
- Principles of Plant Biotechnology
- Principles of Plant Breeding
For Horticulture you'll study following things-
- Production Technology of Fruit Crops
- Production Technology of Spices, Aromatics, Medicinal and Plantation Crops
- Post-Harvest Management and Value addition of Fruits and Vegetable
- Production Technology of Vegetables and Flowers
Animal Science & Dairy Science contains the following -
- Livestock Production and Management
- The technology of milk and Milk Products
- Livestock Breeding and Nutrition
- Sheep & Goat production
For Agricultural Extension has following subjects
- Fundamentals of Rural Sociology and Educational Psychology
- Extension Methodologies for Transfer of Agricultural Technology
- Dimensions of Agricultural Extension
- Entrepreneurship Development and Communication Skills
For Agricultural Economics you'll need to study the following-
- Principles of Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Prices
- Production Economics and Farm Management
- Agri-Business Management
- Agricultural Finance & Co-operation
I hope this helps you.
All the best