- SGBAU Exam Exam
Stay up-to date with SGBAU Exam News
About SGBAU Exam 2022
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University will release the SGBAU application form 2022 in the month of June, in online mode. Candidates can fill and submit the application form of SGBAU 2022 before the submission deadline. Before candidates start the application process, they should check the SGBAU eligibility criteria 2022 laid down by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University. The SGBAU exam 2022 will be conducted in pen-paper mode. The SGBAU exam is an entrance test which is conducted to enroll students into various UG and PG programmes offered by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University. The SGBAU result 2022 will be announced on the official website at sgbau.ac.in. The SGBAU merit list 2022 will be prepared based on the marks secured by candidates in the entrance exam. The merit list of SGBAU 2022 will mentions the name of shortlisted candidates in descending order based on their ranks. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to the counselling session which they are required to physically attend to finalize their admissions in the vast range of courses like M.Sc. in Applied Electronics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, M.Ed., M.A. in English, M.A. in Marathi, B.L.I.Sc., and so on. Candidates appearing in the SGBAU exam compete for around 1105 seats for admissions into the university.
SGBAU Exam 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||SGBAU Exam|
|Conducting Body||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||700 Rs [Online]|
|Number of Seats||1105 Seats|
SGBAU Exam 2022 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
03 Aug, 2022
Application - Start Date | Mode: Online
Before candidates sit down to fill the application form, they must go through the SGBAU eligibility criteria set by the university. The eligibility criteria of SGBAU 2022 is the minimum requirements that candidates must meet to be eligible for admission. If candidates fail to meet the SGBAU eligibility criteria 2022 then they will lose their candidacy for admission. Check the SGBAU eligibility criteria 2022 for UG and PG programmes given below.
SGBAU Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022 - UG Courses
Bachelors of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
- Candidates need to be graduates.
SGBAU Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria - PG Courses
M.Sc. Applied Electronics
- Candidates should have done their B.Sc. in Physics/electronics (instrumentation)/electronics(Instrumentation) or computer science with mathematics at 10+2.
- Or candidates should have completed their Bachelor of Computer science or any equivalent degree from a statutory university.
- The minimum aggregate to be scored by candidates in the qualifying examination is 45% marks at B. Sc. level (in case of General category) and 40 % marks at B. Sc. level (in case of reserved category).
M.Sc. in Biotechnology
- Candidates require a B.Sc. degree in any discipline of Biosciences or Life Sciences.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences/ Pharmacy/Surgery is also acceptable.
- Candidates with an M.B.B.S degree or Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery or any with a degree in any equivalent examination recognized by SGBAU are eligible for the exam.
- The minimum aggregate requirement is 50% in the degree course.
M.Sc. in Botany
- Candidates need to have studied Botany at graduation level.
M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Applicants are required to have studied Chemistry at graduation level.
M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Candidates require a B.Sc. degree with application or computer science as one of the subjects.
- Or a B.Sc. or B.A. degree with Mathematics along with a PGDCS from this university MCA as per AICTE norms.
- To be eligible, candidates need a B.Ed. degree with a CET or D.ed. along with a 50% in graduation in any discipline.
- Candidates need to have a B.A. degree
M.Sc. in Geology
- Candidates need to have studied Geology at B.Sc. level.
M.A. Hindi (Translation Hindi)
- Candidates need to have a B.A. degree with or without Hindi
M.A. in Library and Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.)
- Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
M.Sc. in Mathematics
- Candidates require a B.Sc. degree with Mathematics.
- Those having B.C.S. with Mathematics and Statistics are also eligible.
M.A. in Marathi
- Candidates need to be graduates.
M.Sc. in Microbiology
- Candidates need to have studied Chemistry and Biology at the level of graduation.
- Eligibility requirements as mandated by NCTE will be applicable.
M.Sc. in Physics
- To be eligible, candidates need to have studied Physics at the graduate level.
M.A. in Sociology
- Graduates in any discipline with Sociology as one of the subjects in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
M.Sc. in Statistics
- Graduates with a B.Sc./B.C.A./B.A. with statistics and Mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible.
M.Sc. in Zoology
- Candidates should have studied Zoology at the graduate level.
M.A. in Dr. Baba Ambedkar Thoughts (Self-financing basis)
- Candidates should hold a graduation degree of three years from any statutory university.
M.A. in Functional English
- Candidates require a B.A. degree to be eligible.
M.A. in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Candidates should be graduates
M.A. in Lifelong Learning and Extension
- Candidates need to be graduates.
- Candidates need to hold a B.Com. degree to be eligible.
M.A. Economics (Self-financing basis)
- Candidates need to have a B.A. degree with Economics as one of the subjects to be eligible for M.A. Economics.
- Candidates require a B.A. degree with Economics as one of the subjects to be eligible for the course.
M.A. in Gender and Women's Studies
- Any graduate is eligible for the course.
- Candidates need to be graduates to be eligible for the course.
- Candidates need to have studied law at the graduate level.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Demand Draft
The SGBAU exam 2022 application form will be released in the month of June, in online mode. The SGBAU application form 2022 must be filled and submitted before the deadline. Candidates have to fill the SGBAU application form 2022 with their personal, academic and contact details. They also need to upload the scanned image of the necessary documents. All the information and documents mentioned in the application form of SGBAU 2022 must be correct and legit. Follow the steps given below to fill the SGBAU exam application form 2022 without any hassle.
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Candidates need to click on the official link for application form and register themselves
After registration process is over, candidates will receive a registration number and password on their registered mobile number as an SMS.
Candidates will then have to login using these credentials. The login credentials, therefore, need to be retained by candidates till the time of admission for future purposes.
Now candidates will have to start filling in the form. The application form will have to be filled in the following four steps - a) entering personal information like aadhar card number, mobile number, and so on, b) entering academic qualifications related to SSC, HSSC, UG, PG courses, etc., c)entering details related to the class last attended, previous exam, marks obtained in the qualifying examination, and so on., d) uploading passport size photographs and signature, mark documents, and so on.
Candidates will then have to remit the fee. Fees for the General category candidate is Rs. 300 for open candidates and Rs. 200 for BC candidates. The fees can be paid only in the offline mode by attaching a demand draft in the favour of Registrar, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati. Candidates can also pay the cash at the cash counter of the university. They will need to attach the cash receipt with the printed application form.
Candidates need to post the completely filled printed application form along with the demand draft/cash receipt to the following address -
Central Admission Committee,
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University,
Candidates need to send the following documents as well with the application form of SGBAU exam 2022 - a) S.S.C. certificate (Board), b)S.S.C. Marksheet, c)H.S.C. Marksheet, d) First year, Second Year, Third Year certificates of the qualifying examinations along with attempt certificates and gap year certificates, if any, issued by the university, e) caste certificate, f) Certificate supporting the fact that the candidate is not from the creamy layer issued by a relevant authority, g)Transfer certificate signed by the principal or HOD of the institution/university last attended along with two photocopies, h)Physical fitness certificate issued by any registered medical practitioner as mentioned in the application form, e)self-attested photograph, f) no objection certificate in case of employed candidates, g) Certificate of degree equivalence issued by the university in case of candidates from other universities.
- Candidates have to fill only one application form for a group.
- The application form needs to be compulsorily supported with the application fee.
|General||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 700|
|ST, SC, OBC||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 500|
SGBAU Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to appear in the entrance test should check out the SGBAU exam pattern 2022 for the better exam preparation. The SGBAU 2022 exam pattern mentions various important details about the entrance test such as types of questions, duration of the exam, topics to be covered in the exam and so on. It will help candidates to become familiar with the structure and format of the question paper. Candidates can check the SGBAU exam 2022 for M.Sc. in Biotechnology.
SGBAU Exam Pattern 2022 - M.Sc. Biotechnology
Number of questions
Duration of the exam
Types of questions
Areas of assessment
Part A - 30 marks (30 questions)
Questions of 10+2 level from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
Part B - 70 marks (70 questions)
Questions of 10+2 level from Chemistry (10 questions) and Biology (Zoology, Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Microbiology, Biotechnology) (60 questions)
The SGBAU result 2022 for M.Sc in Biotechnology exam will be announced in online mode. Candidates who have appeared in the entrance exam can check the SGBAU result 202 by visiting the official website of the university. The SGBAU result 2022 mentions various details such as application form number, open merit number, reserve merit number, candidate's category, qualifying index, additional attempts and deficiency. Given below are the steps that candidates need to follow to check the SGBAU result 2022.
- Click on the official link for entrance results of M.Sc. in Biotechnology.
After clicking on the link, candidates will see the result displayed on the screen. The results will be in the form of a list showing the names of the candidates along with their categories, roll numbers, and marks.
Candidates will have to look for their names in the list to check their results.
The qualifying marks for M.Sc. in Biotechnology entrance exam is expected to be 45%. So after checking SGBAU exam result 2022, candidates may compare their scores with the qualifying marks to check if they have qualified for the test.
SGBAU Exam 2022 Counselling
Candidates who have been shortlisted as per the merit list will be invited to the SGBAU counselling 2022. To participate in SGBAU counselling 2022 and finalize their admission, shortlisted candidates are required to physically attend the counselling session on the scheduled date and designated venue. Any candidate who fails to appear in the SGBAU counselling 2022 will lose his/her candidacy for admission. Given below are some important pointers candidates should keep in mind about SGBAU exam counselling 2022:
- Candidates will be called for the interview session on the counselling day in the order of merit.
- It should be noted that candidates will not be sent personal intimations/notifications regarding the counselling session.
- On the day of counselling, candidates will be informed about the courses and the availability of seats. They will then be required to make a decision and write the final course they want to opt for. This decision taken by the candidate will be final and unchangeable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Can i use my passport as a valid id proof?
Yes, a passport can be considered as a valid id proof during the time of SGBAU 2022 counselling and SGBAU entrance exam.
Question:What is the eligibility criteria for applying for M.Sc Chemistry in Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University?
Candidates who are willing to apply for M.Sc Chemistry in SGBAU must have completed B.Sc Chemistry or must have done traditional B.Sc with chemistry, Industrial chemistry or analytical chemistry can be as the optional subject.
Question:How can i prepare myself for the entrance exam of SGBAU?
Candidates who are preparing for the entrance test of SGBAU must check the syllabus first. Then, according to his or her interest a candidate can form a time table and start making study notes. Finally, after completing the complete syllabus candidates are advised to solve previous year question papers and sample papers. Candidates can find the same on the official website of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
Questions related to SGBAU Exam
where van i download my hall ticket
The hall ticket or admit card is the unique verifiable document having all details of you for participating in the examination. It is mandatory to take the printed form of hall ticket along with ID (like college ID, Adhar Card, Pan Card etc.) for verification before entering the exam hall.
You can download your admit card easily by following steps:
Visit the official website where you have registered.
Login with your details. You can easily see the download admit card button in front of you.
If not there, it might have arrived at your registered email id. I suggest you to also see the spam folder of your email id. It might have arrived as spam.
If not received, you can contact your friends and relatives for the way they have downloaded there admit card or if they are facing the same issue.
I strongly suggest you to contact the organization helpline, specially if this is an error for your side only.They will guide you dedicated to there portal.
I hope it helps.
i complete my b.ed and m.ed so i want to take admission in m.a psychology for that I need equivalence certificate please let me know the procedure for the same
Yes you are eligible to apply for MA psychology as you have B.ed and M.ed. The eligibility for MA psychology is a bachelor's degree in psychology or any graduate degree equivalent to that with above 55% marks.
You may need to write entrance examination to get admission in most prominent universities especially in RCI certificied universities. Without entrance examination you can do distant masters in psychology in universities like ignou.
Since you have bachelor's and masters degree you can apply for masters. You would only need to submit your b.ed and m.ed certificates.
Masters of arts in psychology is a field that deals with deep study in human physical and mental behaviour. There are specialisations for masters in psychology, you can select one according to your interest.
Hope this information is useful