WHAT IS INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY ?
Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Industrial Engineering/Genetic Engineering/Biotechnology along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- Industrial biotechnology engineers can seek employment in chemical and textile industries, agricultural sectors, pharmaceutical firms and manufacturing industries.
- Students with just an undergraduate or master's degree can only work as research assistants or at best as lab managers.
- They usually find jobs in the research labs of universities and research institutions. Some even join the R&D section of biotech industries.
Opportunities available for graduates/post-graduates are as follows:
Quality control officers
- Animal Biotechnology
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Enzyme Engineering and Technology
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Probability and Statistics
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 47 Joined
- 2 Questions