WHAT IS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ?
A student holding a degree in Information Technology can work as an IT Engineer responsible for operating computer systems, software, servers, computer networking or network securities. The programme focuses on the theoretical and technical aspects of designing, developing, researching and testing software as well as digital hardware. Information Technology is designed to teach students about various fundamental concepts of information security, web systems, computer networking and software engineering. The programme covers subjects like programming, mathematics, and operations among others.Expand
- For UG: Candidates passed in class 12th examination with minimum qualifying marks.
- For PG: For Candidate holding Bachelor of Engineering or B.Tech in Information Technology or B.E./ B. Tech
SCOPE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Work in IT-sectors as an IT-Consultant, Business Analyst, Information System Manager, System Developer, Database Administrators, Hardware Engineers, System Testers.
- Companies includes software development consultancies, BPO (business process outsource), software management and online services.
- Work as creative problem solvers.
- Emerging companies offer great packages for IT engineers.
- Computer architecture and organization
- Data Structures
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Database systems
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Engineering Mathematics
- Foundations of Computer Systems
- Java Programming and Website Design
- Operating systems
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Degrees: B.E /Btech
Salary : 2 L INR - 2.5 L INR
Degrees: B.E /Btech, B.Sc., M.Sc.