WHAT IS MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ?
SCOPE OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Material Managers have a wide range of career options in the public as well as private sector. They can be employed in purchasing, storing and supplying departments of defence, railways, public transport etc. They also can find lucrative employment opportunities in industrial establishments, corporate houses, supply chain industries and private transporters. Basically, organisations depend on effective materials managers to minimise waste, manage inventory levels, and ensure that output is in line with the company’s balance sheet. Further, increasing population coupled with scarcity of resources has made material management one of the fastest growing and promising career options across the globe. As per a report, global demand for material handling is expected to reach USD 176 billion by 2020, thus creating many job opportunities across the world.
- Business environment and ethics
- Corporate communication
- Export trade and documentation
- Materials and store management
- Operations Management
- Principals of management and organisational behaviour
- Project Management
- Quantitative techniques of management
- Strategic Management
- COAL India Ltd.
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation