Some of the important tips for preparing gate exam are as follows:
Select Good Books & Materials for GATE Preparation
- Selections of good study materials and books are very important at the initial stages of GATE Preparations.
- Reading one or two books are sufficient for each subject. Always give first priority for reading from a book rather than other resources.
- You may prepare with an online video lecture, course material, coaching notes, etc.
- You can also prepare the books that you have followed during the undergraduate course.
Tips to remember and follow during preparation
- Understand the previous year questions pattern
- Practice previous year questions during preparation
- Try to understand the concepts, practice tests and revise regularly.
- Most of the questions in GATE are conceptual & numerical, so you must try to improve your solving ability & time management to score a good rank.
Plan your GATE 2020 Preparation
- 4 to 8 months preparation plan will be a good idea to crack the GATE exam.
- Create the preparation plan daily wise or weekly wise by giving enough time for each subject.
- Your plan should include syllabus completion, revision, and practice tests.
- It is a good idea to make a timetable and formulate your daily tasks. Once you have set daily, weekly and monthly targets, you will see better results for the same amount of effort.
Follow the plan to complete the syllabus
- The first step in the preparation is to start with an easy subject and an important one. Topper's suggestion is, to begin with, mathematics and one basic technical subject.
- Read topic by topic to complete the entire subject.
- Make a revision note for each topic that should cover all important definition, formulas, differences, etc.
- Practice topic wise previous GATE questions after understanding each topic.
- Attempt the quizzes/tests for each topic and subject to know your performance.
- Clear all your doubts during your preparation.
- Discuss your doubts on "Gradeup" and Practice quizzes/tests to compare the performance with others.
- Identify the weakness areas while practising quizzes/tests and try to revise and practice those topics.
Hope it wil help