- Can I get into ISRO after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering and B.E or B.TECH in mechatronics??
Can I get into ISRO after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering and B.E or B.TECH in mechatronics??
This is Simran from Careers360, I hope to solve your query.
Firstly ISRO is such a reputed govt organization that wouldnt just hire anyone. The qualifying rounds are tough and will mostly be hard to crack. However, with proper training, guidance , etc students can make a lifelong career with something as ISRO.
They are always on the lookout for students, young and fresh minds to help innovate and use skills for the development of Indian Astronomy field.
ISRO tends to pickup graduates from IITs, NITs , and one sure shot way to get hired is passing out from IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology)
To get more detail regarding the eligibility criterias, visit the official website to see the kind of candidates ISRO is looking for, engineers included, link mentioned below
I hope this helps
All the best
- To become a scientist at ISRO one first needs to have opted Math and Physics as his subjects at 10+2 level and have a thorough basic knowledge of these subjects.
- Getting admission in IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) can be the easiest ticket to get absorbed in ISRO as a scientist/engineer.
- ISRO often picks up graduates and post-graduateengineers from IITs, NITsand other reputed government and private institutions. So it is better to have a degree in a course that is more likely to be shortlisted for the consideration of such jobs such as B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Radio Engineering, and Engineering Physics. There is sometimes a requirement of electronic engineers and developers as well. There are sometimes vacancies forCivil Engineersas well.
- One would need to make sure that his/her record stays academically good throughout as the selection criteria set by ISRO for hiring a fresher as a scientist is not very tolerant at its thresholds, so to stand out is an essential requirement.
- After completing B.Tech from any college, an examination namely ICRB (centralized Recruitment Bangalore) is conducted by ISRO and individuals are tested as per their respective branches of engineering and after clearing the interview, one can get appointed as a scientist or an engineer at ISRO. Candidates must have a minimum aggregate percentage of 65% and above in B.tech in their respective relevant streams.
- After the completion of M.Tech or D. in trades such as Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing, Instrumentation, applied Mathematics, Geophysics, Geography or any other equivalent degree in the field of Physics or Mathematics one can apply directly for the job of a scientist at ISRO. The selection consists of written exam and Interview and after clearing these sages scientist/Engineer position can be obtained in ISRO.
- One can get selected as the junior research fellow in ISRO; by this, they can get to research as scientists and engineers. The screening process for the selection of Scientist in such an organization is very tough and requires the best of knowledge, wits and a very presentable and calm attitude.
- Thejob as a scientist at ISROis as much demanding as good as it sounds. Agencies that work in the field of space explorations are not very abundant as the cost of the activities and projects carried out by them is very high and requires huge funding.
Pls dont be tedious to read the full content this might be helpful to an extent .
Thankyou for contacting Careers 360