Indian Agricultural Research institute is a prestigious national level institute located at New Delhi. the admission in the institute starts at masters level as undergraduate degree is not provided by the institute. to get into IARI, one need to to get a good rank at ICAR-AIEEA.
while for admission in Ph.D. one has to clear national level entrance exam conducted by IARI itself. one seat is also offered to the student who secure first rank in ICAR-SRF exam in their respective subject.
but seats in both masters and Ph.D. is quite less, so one need to work really hard to get into it.
IARI at present offers MSc, M.Tech & Ph.D. degree in 26 different disciplines to the aspirants. IARI conducts separate entrance examination for Postgraduate and Ph.D. course. Admission to M.Sc & M.Tech course is given on the basis of entrance examination merit list. Whereas admission to the Ph.D. course is given on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance examination (80% weightage) + academic score (10% weightage) + interview (10% weightage).
- Admission to M.Sc & M.Tech course involves commencement of written entrance test, evaluation of answer sheet, briefing of the score, and circulation of merit list.
- The admission process of the Ph.D. degree course is divided into three stages viz. written test, evaluation of academic score, & interview test. The cumulative score of all three stages will be considered final.
- The institute publishes the admission notification online on its website and in the newspapers as well.
- Candidates can fill the application form online with all the mandatory documents and submit it before the last date of submission.
- Applicants who have passed the Bachelor’s degree qualifying examination are eligible to apply for M.Sc & M.Tech degree courses.
- Applicants who are willing to join Ph.D. degree course must have Master’s degree.
Hope this is helpful.
Dear Pritam, if you are talking about Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), it offers M.Sc in 26 different disciplines like Molecular Biology and Technology, M.Tech in Agronomy and Ph.D in Molecular Biology and Technology courses. It doesnt have B.Tech as an offering course.