National Testing Agency has scheduled UGC NET 2019 (June session) from June 20 to 28.NTA was appointed as the governing body of UGC NET in December 2018. The exam is conducted to select candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor.
The registration window will become functional from March 1. Bachelor Degree holders with a minimum of 55% marks can register for the exam before March 30.The June session exam will also be conducted in CBT mode.
The exam is conducted for over 84 subjects and the selected candidates are placed across the country in over 874 Universities.Unlike earlier, there will be no break between paper I and paper II in UGC NET June 2019. The exam will be conducted in a single three-hour session.
UGC NET Eligibility:
In order to apply for UGC NET 2019, candidates will have to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. The eligibility is based on the academic qualification and age limit.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 55% in their PG or an equivalent from any recognised university.
- UGC NET offers an exemption to candidates from the Other Backward Classes (OBC)/ ST/SC categories for up to 50%.
- NTA permits students in the final year of the course to apply for the exam. However, candidates will be disqualified if they fail to secure the marks as indicated by the Board.
- The board offers an additional 5 % relaxation to candidates who have completed their Doctorate degree before September 19, 1991.
- Candidates are recommended to select courses of their specialty.
Candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 30 years as on January 1, 2019.
There is no upper age limit for candidates for Assistant Professor’s post.
NTA provides relaxations to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD/Transgenders/ Women applicants – 5 years relaxation
- Candidates with research experience in the selected field from a recognised university – 5 years
- Candidates with LLM Degree – 3 years
Candidates with the below qualification/ degree shall be exempted from attending NET and can directly apply to any college
- Candidates who have passed in UGC / CSIR JRF before 1989
- Candidates who have passed States Eligibility Test(SET) before June 1, 2002
Here is the link of the advertisement regarding UGC NET mentioning important dates:
For the post of Assistant Professor, NTA has not mentioned any upper age limit whereas, for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), you must not be more than 30 years of age as on December 1, 2019.
For more details about UGC NET Eligibility Criteria - Click Here
Hope this helps!
Yes, a 40-year-old candidate is eligible to appear for UGC NET examination if he/she is applying for Assistant Professor as no upper age limit has been determined by the conducting body. However, a candidate appearing for JRF (NET) should not be more than 30 years of age.
Hello, You are definitely eligible to appear for UGC NET exam for Assistant Professors since there is no upper age limit determined by the examination authority for Assistant Professors. However, you will not be eligible for JRF (NET) since the upper age limit for JRF (NET) is 30 years of age as on December 1, 2019.
Yes, a 40 year old is eligible to appear in UGC NET but only. There is no age limit for the post of the assistant professor. And requires maximum age 30 for JRF.
NTA is going to conduct the UGC NET exam for December session. The eligibility criteria of UGC NET is decided on the basis of age and educational qualification. If you want to qualify for the Junior Research Fellowship then you must not be more than 30 years of age and for Assistant Professor there is no such upper age limit. To know more about UGC NET eligibility criteria -
According to the NET exam guidelines, if candidates apply for NET JRF exam then their age must not be more than 30 years.
But if they want to appear for the assistant professor, this age criteria is not applicable. Means candidates can apply whenever they want.
Yes, a 40-year-old aspirant can apply successfully for UGC NET exam provided he/ she qualifies all other eligibility criteria prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). However, said candidate will not be able to apply for JRF scholarship as the age requirement for the same is 30 years or below.
For more information on UGC NET eligibility criteria,