- What is NBA accreditation of a engineering college course? Is it has its purpose for an individual's job & higher education?
What is NBA accreditation of a engineering college course? Is it has its purpose for an individual's job & higher education?
NBA accreditation is a mark that shows the Quality of education of that college. The purpose of the accreditation by the NBA is to promote and recognize excellence in technical education in colleges and universities at both the UG and PG levels.
The purpose and impact of accreditation go far beyond the quality assurance of an Institution. Let me take an example of a Company which has ISO mark. They are judged with there parameters and they are rated according to that parameters. And there is a minimum rating that if they cross that rating they are been awarded ISO mark. So NBA accreditation is almost the same as that. The Benefits that an NBA accreditated colleges have are:
- Motivates faculty to participate actively in academic and related Institutional activities.
- Improves student enrollment both in terms of quality and quantity.
- Helps the Institution in securing necessary funds.
- Enhances the employability of graduates.
- Encourages quality improvement initiatives
- Facilitates transnational recognition of degrees and mobility of graduates and professionals.
And there are a lot of benefits college gets if they are NBA Accreditated.
- Priority in getting financial assistance.
- Companies prefer to visit these colleges other than not having Accreditated
- Helps the Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Initiates Institutions into innovative and modern methods of pedagogy
- Gives Institutions an identity.
- Provides reliable information on the quality of education offered.
- Promotes Institutional interactions inside and outside world.
- Priority in getting financial assistance
Visit the official site to get the list of colleges been accreditated http://www.nbaind.org/
hope that helps
All the best
The purpose of the accreditation by NBA is to promote and recognize excellence in technical education in colleges and universities—at both the undergraduate and post graduate levels. Institutions, students, employers, and the public at large all benefit from the external verification of quality provided through the NBA accreditation process. They also benefit from the process of continuous quality improvement that is encouraged by the NBA’s developmental approach to promote excellence in technical education.